Deficiency help!!! Come on guys give me some knowledge

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Olafdaredeye, May 16, 2018.

1. It's too windy for anything

2. What's the bamboo for? I mean, how do you train with bamboo?

3. Never mind. I see what your doing..lol Oh. Maybe some mosquito netting around it to cut the wind a little??

4. I see your putting some chicken wire up too..do you get deer coming through your yard..i thought I read somewhere they will eat the buds and get all fucked up.

5. Chicken fence is to keep my dogs out.

Right now I am just tieing down to bend it in different directions. I use the chicken fencing to scrog it and build a support cage for budding.

Like this
    downloadfile-1.jpg

6. Oh cool. I wouldn't think you would need to do that but I'm guessing buds get really heavy outside and need a bit extra support?

7. The buds will get too heavy. Well depends on how well the plants develop

Last year's. That is Durban Poison. It is a good mellow strain the clone I got hermied though. But that means I have a lot of seeds

Attached Files:

8. I read that weed will hermie if you let it bud for too long almost always and it won't necessarily just make hermie seeds but will feminize them.

9. Is that right?

10. Oh. And as far as I can tell with pistil development, it looks like I have 4 females! I'll keep checking though, it's only been 12 days in flower mode.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Picture update. I'm trying to do pictures from around every 10 days in another post for a grow journal so I can reflect back to.

The alien vs triangle is not doing well. It started to bud.

I'm not impressed.

IMG_20180616_085813.jpg

The other plants are doing great. I am trying to fan out the plants. I am using an elastic string to tie them down. This way the plants can stretch the string while they grow. The faning out is also like scrogging. Lol but it's more for my entertainment.

12. I saw a picture of 1 that was fanned out like your talking about. It must've had 100 flowers on it. It was sweet. Is the alien vs. triangle an autoflower??

13. Yea AvT is an auto

14. Week 3 flower! 20180620_134209.jpg

15. Thought I'd pop in another update picture since I'm at week..holy crap..week 7! They are lagging a bit as I was under-lighted, i got another vt450 to put over them for the last couple of weeks. There are some good colas on there not pictured but maybe the last few weeks will bulk up the rest now that I have full coverage.
    20180713_171023.jpg

16. Olafdaredeye, do you have any tips on thickening the stalks and stems for indoor plants? I tried LST and fans and even did a bit of supercropping trying to get the stems thick enough to hold up the colas but most of them are kind of wimpy even now at 7th week of flower. I finally used some coated wire to make a partial screen to hold them up. Maybe I should have vegged them longer?. I did some research but mostly this particular topic is pretty scarce on information, other than more root mass to help.

17. Nice, how are the trichromes looking. It will be hard to judge ripeness because you don't know your strain.

I don't know about thickening stems. Just p/k boast and flush. Mainly they will need support because the buds can break the stem.

I've heard silica strengthens the internal structures of the plants. I am not sure if that is only for hydro through. I am wishing mine where budding now...

I just got back from a trip. Ugh and my sprinkler system broke. My peppers and corn we're we'rly hurt. The MJ was stressed and grew slow but still looks good. The drought here is bad.

18. Sprinkler..ugh..that sucks.. well trichomes..i forgot to get a scope..but judging off my 10x pocket scope I did have they are looking pretty good but not quite ready. I'm gonna p/k boost one more time and go ahead and start flushing Monday. Then just ph water and see what they do. I'm gonna stop and get a 50x scope tomorrow. On a side note,,the little buds on the lower stems.. I plucked a few and dried them for 4 days and tried them out. So for not quite ready bud I had the experience of a deep relaxing but heavy head high(not psychadelic) with some pain relief (my foot always hurts so excellent) and some couch lock with a bit of buzzy feeling(body buzz) and a general feeling of happy contentment that lasted over an hour on 1 bowl. A slight paranoia as I came down but not horrible. More like I was scared the boogie man was gonna get me for a few minutes..lol