Deficiency help!!! Come on guys give me some knowledge

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Olafdaredeye, May 16, 2018.

1. I recently put my seedlings outdoors.

Is this a magnesium deficiency or too rich of soil.

The soil is made of sand, vermiculite, peat/Coco mix with my garden soil.
    My garden soil is native, top soil alapaca poo, cow, hourse, chicken manure, and compost.

I have been mixing the garden soil for a couple years. I last added cow and chicken poo in October.

The plants were just hit by a small hail storm so they look sad. But I more worried by the light coloring of the leaves. I just water them with espom salt lightly

• Like Like x 1
  2. Don’t know anything about organic growing ButThe yellowing of the leaves look like nitrogen def

3. Your average outdoor temp? Local water ph? Is that a large pot they are planted in? Is that all 1 plant or all different ones? Are you using liquid fertilizer? What kind? Soil ph? You did definitely put that in hot soil.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nitrogen? The pics don't do the color justice. It is a really pale white. There is a bit of yellowing. Uhm maybe you are right though

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oh. And did you daylight harden them first?

• Like Like x 1
  6. White..hmm..not nitrogen..probably bleaching.. are you using tap water?

7. The temps have been 55 at night up to 85 in the day. The holes are about 30gal. The water pH is about 7.5 and less than 160ppm.

The soil was sitting out all winter

8. Yeah tap. Sprinklers.

9. They sat out once in awhile before sticking them into the ground.i put them in on mother's day.

10. You maybe should have added some lime in to buffer all the manures, does sound very hot, also with the sprinkler water at 7.5 its pretty high, that would also bring the ph level down.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Try to put your water in gallon jugs and set the ph at 6.5 that should help bring down the soil ph enough and let it sit for 2 days before you use it to let any chlorine outage from your tap water

12. More than likely they will toughen up after a few weeks and be fine after you get the ph straight but chlorine and sunlight definitely don't mix well with cannibas..ugh.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The pH could be less. Can I add lime with water treatments.

This is a pic from last year. I think the soil is less hot than last year. I just added a cow poop topper tand chicken shit in October

Attached Files:

14. It is less hot because of all the sand and vermiculite added to it

15. No!!! Not lime. Lime raises ph. More organic matter if you can work it in. Do you have a compost pile? Mix that in around your seedlings a few inches deep. They do sell chemical but you don't want to ruin the poop you put in. Or, Some llama or alpaca poop is good. It's ph neutral and will give you excellent nutrient boost throughout the grow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ok, so turn off sprinklers in that part of yard and fuse in more compost or alpaca poo.

I had the sprinklers running so the mid day temps wouldn't hurt them in the first week. Though they aren't showing water burning yet.

17. That's probably fine if it's getting above 85. But don't over water. They didn't look too droopy. Try not to over think it too much. It is after all just an herb. I big giant bushy one!:) I've found the best way to treat them is just like a tomato plant. They have comparable characteristics. And while there is a lot of personal preference about the best way to grow each plant, there is a lot more solid information on tomato that is undisputed. So if you've grown tomatoes or green peppers you can do these too. Keep ph below 7.0 preferably 6.3 to 6.8 and give the right amount of water and Sun and good dirt and your golden!

18. Oh. And I did forget to ask. Are those wood chips on top of your dirt? If it is..get rid of it. You can put down hay if your worried about your dirt drying out but don't use wood chips they ruin the soil..raise the ph too high. Plus rotting wood sucks the nitrogen out of the soil.

19. Ok. I made a mistake..wood chips are supposed to lower the ph. It is wood ash that raises ph. But the wood does suck nitrogen up..so still maybe not a good dirt cover still. Sorry bout the mistake.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wood chips are from the chicken coop.

Attached Files: