Deficiencies?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by x24lilguy24x, Dec 4, 2021.

1. Hi guys 1st timer and im not too sure what the coloring is coming from, I will list things below about my setup.

Durbin Poision Photo Fems from ilgm
    Exhaust Fan with a carbon filter
    Humidifier and Oscilating fan inside
    2x2 Tent - SF1000 18-20 Inches Away
    5 Gallon Pots Coco + Perilite
    PH 5.8 and PPM alittle high at 93
    Roots Organic Bloom and Uprising with worm casings as starter nutes.
    max of 78 during the day with a low of 69.5 at night,.
    Watering a shot glass about every other day.

2. Why did you start in large pots?
    Maintaining the proper moisture level will be a challenge.
    Did you buffer your coco?
    I'm not familiar with your nutes, but it looks hungry.

3. I have a controller for my humidifier so its always between 70-75%
    My friend who grows told me to, hes had plenty of successful grows so it didnt register as a potential problem.

4. I wasn't referring to the room humidity...........I was referring to the proper moisture level in your coco.
    Did you buffer your coco?

5. Ah yeah true that makes sense sorry, whereas a smaller pot you'd be able to control it easier right?

I personally did not, I used MotherEarth Coco Perilite and its supposed be pre buffered.

Should I have done that anyway?

6. Starting in smaller pots makes it a lot easier to control the moisture level in the coco.
    I start feeding to run off starting from sprout.
    How old is your plant?
    Mother Earth coco is good quality.........I've used it many times with great results.
    I just prefer to rinse it and charge with light nutes........but that's just me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 17 days since the 2 cotyledon leaves popped.

8. Does your friend grow in coco?
    18 days from sprout for a comparison.
    18 days.JPG

9. He does, and that was transplanted with the light nute rinsed in with the coco?
    Idk if he felt I couldn't handle the transplant or not so he decided to go right into the pot but I clearly see a big difference from mine and yours. He's been showing me successful grows for a while so I didnt second guess anything.

10. The fast growth is a result of starting in small pots and feeding to run off daily.

11. Yeah definitely noted, feels bad.

Is there anything I should do different from this point? Change PH add alittle bit of nutes and water to runoff?

12. You mentioned in your original post that the ppm was high at 98........are you saying your ppm is only 98?
    I like to keep my pH around 6.0, but 5.8 is fine also.
    I would water/feed to run off to saturate the coco.........then water/feed around the perimeter of the plant so that it soaks into the coco........and do it every other day or so until the roots are established.
    Never give plain water.......and when the roots are established start feeding daily to run off.
    Good luck.

13. Yes PPM right from tap is 98, now for feeding I have the nutes mixed into the top layer if I just water to runoff you think that's enough for feeding or would I add more?

Sorry for the questions just trying to right the ship.

14. What do you mean by ?
    If you're using some kind of dry amendments as nutrients...........I can't help you.
    I top feed with a nutrient solution daily.
    Is that how your friend grows in coco?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Sounds like he is putting dry amendments on top of his Coco which is probably going to cause issues as far as watering to run off with liquid nutrients. Is all you need to do, don't put anything on top to feed. Or just grow in a soil based growing. I use promix and perlite to run off every morning, 1 gallon of nutrients in a 5 gallon air pot. For small seedlings use a 1 gallon air pot feeding nutrients to run off.