Deficiancy?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by CF Boy, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Hey Guys,
    Ive just noticed Yellowing on the 1st node after the cotyledens (sp?). Sypmtoms show first show on the outside of the leaf and has so far only affected the colyledens and 1st node leaves. Im thinking its N deficiancy however just want to get a second opinion before adding nutes.

Here is some info if it helps:
    Strain: Bagseed
    Soil: Osmacote multi purpose. Says slow release nutes added (and dont need to feed for 3 months apparently, but different plants have different nutrient needs so cant generalise like that), doesnt say anything bout what nutes, their concentrations or ratios.
    Watering Regime: Every 3-4 days as needed. I wait until the soil is getting pretty dry (but before showing signs of stress)
    Nute Regime: None as of yet except what was in the soil

Also: im usually a DWC man, so ive got loads of hydro nutes, but no soil nutes, i know i probly cant, but anyone reckon its safe to use hydro nutes for soil grow?

So any ideas guys??
    CHEERS GUYS

See the pic below:

Attached Files:

2. YES YOU CAN USE HYDRO NUTES BUT ONLY USE HALF STRENGTH OR LOWER IT SHOULD SAY ON YOUR NUTE LABLES how to mix for soil

as for your answer to your first question some dude posted nute deficiancy chart but i cant find it. think it has been taken off pm me with your email and ill send it to you. tried attaching it but comes up as invaild file

3. #3 BiiG~D, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2008
    ALSO you could be over watering. if your temps are pretty low, you may only need to water once every 5 days like i did.

4. cheers for the replys.
    its not overwatering, i know what the symtoms of that look like and that aint it.

i saw the deficiancy chart, which is what made me think a deficiancy. just wanted to double check,

anyne else got an idea?

5. well yours are doing the same shit mine was doing last week.... if its the oldest leaves that are starting to turn yellow then its def a nitrogen difficiency (do they have purple veins)??