Defense Mechanisms that willy wonka uses

Discussion in 'Movies' started by TheHempCat, Jul 16, 2012.

1. These are the defense mechanisms that I have right now, it's for the newer movie. If people could help me come up with examples of when he uses them, or other mechanisms he uses, that would be really helpful!

He isolates himself from the outside world and creates a fantasy world to take its place. He also represses his childhood memories of his father which later resurface when asked about his childhood.

2. Why do you need to know this?

3. no we aren't gonna do your homework for you. This isn't highschool where you go to the people you think are nerds and get them to do your homework for you. Here we'll just mock you.

4. [quote name='"Thunderstruck"']no we aren't gonna do your homework for you. This isn't highschool where you go to the people you think are nerds and get them to do your homework for you. Here we'll just mock you.[/quote]

... We don't mock other blades on gc.

But to the op, this sounds like you're asking for help for an assignment. What is it exactly that you want us to discuss? Clearly willy wonka is a child at heart.

5. He's a control freak that hates children. Elaborating on that with what you already have should be enough ;)

6. i guess he is similair to michael jackson

7. [quote name='"All4Weed"']i guess he is similair to michael jackson[/quote]

Except he's obsessed with orange midgets

8. I'm just trying to get more ideas, I don't want people to do my homework. If I did I wouldn't go on here.

9. Yes but I believe there is more to him. Whenever one of the children mess something up, like when the fat kid falls into the chocolate or when the chick chews the chewing gum when she was told not to, willy wonka does not get mad at them, in fact he acts the complete opposite. that right there is reaction formation. What I'm asking for is are there any other things he does that aren't always as obvious as he is a child lover.

10. I dunno man. I barely watched that version. Only a fan of the original.

11. I think he has no defense mechanisms. He has capitalistic ideals to create the best selling chocolate in the world while using cheap ooompa loompa labour to cut production costs. Feeling nothing except for the joy of money in the bank.