defeciency

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by platii, May 6, 2011.

1. #21 platii, May 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2011
    God..
    how would I inspect the soil and the plant
    what should i do??
    do they sting human??

2. Lol. Dont worry, its probably just a transient
    visit. They are often mistaken for mosquitos.

The word Gnat is actually a broad, generalized
    term used for many small winged insect species.

Just use your fingers to move the soil around
    and look. Its good to have a magnifyer. Inspect
    the plant visually for signs of damage - if any.

If youre still not sure, put up some yellow sticky
    pest traps - most insects love yellow.

Freak
    :smoke:

3. I do have 2 stickies hanged.
    what do I look for(larvae)in the soil?? the top 2 inches??? what damage look like ?/
    also once I found this bug it is black with crossed white stripes and it jumps.
    I have a pic look

Attached Files:

4. Freakbro

I am not sure if I have white fly or leafhopper they look the same after searching

5. Which is it ???

Yes, they do look the same. The differences are:

Leafhoppers are the larger of the 2.
    They hop.
    They come in all colours.
    Their damage is more severe.

1. Leafhopper
    2. Whitefly

Freak
    :smoke:

Attached Files:

6. yes freak I think I have the hopper, they are white little darker than white like creamy, and they turn greenish when they suck on the leaves.
    I know where they come from and will do something about it.
    I just dont want to spary a chemical on the plant.
    what was those cross striped black bug,,have seen them before, it is on the small seedling above. I think they junp 2. anyway I am gonna block the enterance soon.

7. #27 platii, May 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2011
    I still having purple streaked main stem and purple leaves stem (lots of purple pigments on the stem) after the repot, I am only suspecting the quantity of vinegar I added trying to get the soil runoff to 6.5 or around it (as I didnt get the meter yet) ( although the use of vinegar to lower the ph is a temporary fix as the vinegar will turn to alcohol as one botanist engineer told me) but thats my only option till I find phosporic acid. I did use a hell of vinegar in the water to lower as smal quantity didnt lower ha thing. I used about 200ml of white vinegar to reach to that level of 6.6 as my aquarium ph tester. Anyway the plant is ok in my opinion as the condition of the leaves so far , I am just worry about the purple hue that hits the main stem and the leaves stem, this purpling only from the first node up to the node before the last one.
    the plant stunted for like 10 days (plus another 10 days from previous nute+light burn the 2 and 3 node fan leaves) but now it is growing again
    here the pic day 41, 5 nodes , sixth node progressing.
    edit: plz dont forget to check my mini experiment bubler lol, there is one stunted plant in ther, she is 41 days and only 1/12 inch leave area lol, she was sick since the begining, she was in soil and I did the experiment on her in the bubler since 10 days, there is some new root growing so let see(still learning and enjoying growing)

I shut down the MH bulb and got 2 150W(750 candle watt each) CFL's, that lowered the temp and allowed me to lower the light more over the top of the plant, by doing that I noticed that the side branches started to form even on my little seedlings which I didnt see that on my older plant, so getting the CFL was wise move at least in my case.(this may not be solid judgment on MH system becuase my MH system is junk chinese made product and that could be a reason of getting much heat and less light intensity out of the system( it is the only avaliable system in my country) (and might consider getting better system from abroad) will see. (if anyone want to see that midget just let me know)

Attached Files: