Deerhunter - "Microcastle"

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by olives, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Hey guys, I've been listening to this album, Microcastle a lot as of late. I must say, it's been wonderful. I find the melodies returning to my ear throughout the day, really catchy stuff wrapped in the more experimental atmosphere. It's a delightful concoction.

Here, check out this song I posted on my blog:
    http://www.asymm.net/index.php?/myblog/blog/

What do you guys think of it? The record comes out Oct 28 on Kranky Records, but you can buy the mp3s now.

2. hey, you guys should really check this out. I particularly think a forum full of stoners would appreciate the psychedelic / atmospheric qualities this has. Seriously. It's wonderful.

3. Yes this album is amazing. I haven't been on grasscity in a while but decided to do a search to see if anyone posted about this yet. I've never listened to an album so many times in such a short period of time. It just gets better and better each listen.Also the bonus disc, Weird Era Cont. is great too. I might even like it more.

4. Yeah, I haven't heard the bonus disc just yet. I originally posted this thread in August and had only heard a leak at that time - but hey! - the official record release date is tomorrow!

Pitchfork reviewed this today and gave it one of their highest scores of the year, a move that could've been predicted and seen a few miles away.

What do you like better about the bonus disc, Weird Era Cont.?

5. thanks for the info, i've been listening to cryptograms for a while now, also brad's solo album (Atlas Sound) but I'm definitely gettin this album as soon as I can. How does it compare to Cryptograms?

6. Microcastle has a more of a pop bent than Cryptograms ever did. But along with dropping some of the overwhelming atmosphere, they've included some newer psychedelic elements that are really a great compliment to their sound. If you like their other work, I'd imagine you'll love this new progression. Personally, I even think Microcastle is the best work Cox has done yet.