Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Deer hunting while high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Sickleg, Apr 4, 2010.

1. maybe if unexperienced, i no ppl who smoke all day everyday and do sheetrock/drywall, bid on jobs, hunt fish, run a family with kids..etc.

2. dunno, me using cannabis for spiritual anmd medical reasons id never kill a wild animal, especially never for fun, id rather let em live and be free like me

3. Hmm, yeah... except not.

There is no way weed is even close to being drunk, especially if you're a seasoned toker. There aren't many things in this world I can't do when I'm high. I can't even think of any off the top of my head. That's totally not true for when I drink.

If he's an experienced smoker, hunting stoned is completely fine.

4. I target shoot with pistols whenever I can, and I just don't feel right shooting while high. I understand that basic caution will keep you safe, but in the back of my mind I'm always thinking "all it takes is my finger to move that 4.4 lb SA pull to kill." That's really not that much of a barrier, but then, that's where elementary caution comes into play. Never muzzle anything you don't want to shoot.

If I hunted (hope to in the future, with a revolver of course), I would probably do it high. For me, it makes me more sensitive to very slight sounds and movements... things that seem important during hunting.

Anyway, I'm not sure what my original point was... so... that's it.

5. I wouldn't want a gun near me in any shape or form when I'm high. I'd end up pointing at whoever I'm with and going "Heeeey man what if I pulled this trigger?":smoke:

6. Now, it's pretty obvious that you are a fairly uneducated person, so I'll take it easy on ya'.

The ignorance contained in this one single post is unbelievable. It's almost sig-worthy.

First of all, I hate nascar, and all other televised sports. With all due respect to you fans, I couldn't give two shits if they never aired another sport other than the Olympics on TV ever again.

Second, your statement: "America is the only place on earth that people hunt for "fun"". WRONG! Hunting, even for sport is and has been practiced on every continent and country where it has been possible. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

Not really.

The only way you could consume only freerange animals would be if you hunted and killed the animals yourself.

BTW, I don't think anyone here misread your first post.

7. ive been deer hunting ever since ive been able to back when i was 13 or so.......and the last couple years ive smoked a couple jpints everytime before i go out....its much more fun my senses are much more alert...wanna do something fun get a 22 walk around the woods with a joint and shoot some squirrels.....

8. But do not eat the brains!:eek:
    Prion Deletion and Insertion Mutants

9. Hell yeah, i love hunting high. The best thing about it is your never bored, and your always anxious to see whats around the corner. When im hunting high its sick to watch how nature either wakes up or goes to bed. Also, every noise i hear off in the woods (usually birds) keeps my eyes wide open just waiting for a big ass buck to walk out. There is nothing more relaxing, no civilization around, just nature interacting with one another.

10. Here they hunt with dogs so its just some guys sitting in trucks by the side of the road waiting to shoot the deer when the dogs chase it out.
    I hate the taste of deer meat that has been "run"-all that adrenaline makes it too game-y. Deer shot by stealth with a bow, from a tree stand, tastes much better. The more startled they are, the worse they taste.

11. i have a friend whos uncle died when he had a heart attack while dragging a deer out of the woods high.

12. Deer weight between 100 and 175 pounds, that's enough to give an out of shape hunter a heart attack without being high.
    Same thing happens when there is the first big snowfall of the year-out of shape, older guys go to shovel snow, and keel over dead.

13. personally i live to hunt have never been deer hunting while toasty but i have done it while duck hunting. it makes everything amazing especially seeing a beautiful mallard circle you and hearing the wind on his wings. its simply amazing

14. yeah but marijuana can increase heart rate. The fact is that he was high when he died.

15. I certainly hope I'm high when I die.:) Not dragging a dead deer through the woods, however, I can skip that....

16. I am an avid hunter, but I cannot condone handling firearms while anything but fully alert and awake, sharp as a tack; to do so otherwise is folly. I don't care how experienced of a toker you are-don't fucking do it. I love to hunt and I love to get ripped, but the two don't mix EVER! Get high and just sit in the woods, but do not take a gun.

What do you think would happen to our movement to get mj legalized if a stoner accidently kills someone and it becomes known that the shooter was high? It won't help that's for damn sure. Be responsible.

Yes I'm being preachy and I make no apologies for it.

17. On the legal side of things, [in WI] it is illegal to go armed with a detectable amount of a restricted controlled substance in your blood. I would image that every other state has a similar law.

18. haha i lold