Deer Hunting Thread

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by 420 Warrior, Dec 16, 2020.

1. So is deer hunting when your ten years old .

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lol. I was hunting at 5. That's how it was in my hometown. We'd tag 2 and eat on those all winter.

• Like Like x 3
  3. I was born in the 50's I wasn't allowed to hunt ANYTHING until I turned 12 years old .
    Nobody under 12 couldn't get a hunting LIC

4. LOL you were hunting deer legally at 5 years OLD ?

5. Grandpa owned 100s of acres. We didn't need a license. Didn't really have to tag them either.

6. Sure wasn't that way on the 300 acer dairy farm I grew up on ..

7. Wasnt an age limit in the state im in. Still isnt that im aware of but you need to pass the hunters safety course which would limit some from hunting young.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Did you shoot world record deer too ?

9. Middle of Ky, 2 or 3 acres of Farm land, the rest just forest. Wasn't really a legal age, if you can shoot and handle a gun safely you're in. I don't think there is an age limit still.

10. Lol, no. We killed for food, not sport. Left the bucks alone. Although there were some that would have been trophies for sure.

11. 278 pounds dressed out ?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Absolutely not, we weren't hunting buffalo.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Thats why deer should be able to shoot back. If the cowards think shooting an innocent, unarmed animal is cool, when they DON’T need the food to survive, then the deer should be able to have the equal chance to kill the hunters too. Let’s make it fair. I doubt these tough guys would be so tough, if their lives were on the line too!

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. They get much bigger than that up north

Wisconsin deer get massive

Where I killed my first another guy got an 8 pointer over 300

The deer on that property were introduced deer from Wisconsin

On average most GA deer only get around 150 to 200 for a big one typically

15. Too many dee
    Undressed it would weigh around 340-350lbs though. That's a big God damn deer.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. I do agree with culling though. Damn deer are like roaches.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nothing like Getting a fat doe and cooking up the tenderloins with in a couple hours of the kill.

We used to butcher all our deer on the last day of the season and my aunt always made the best deer chilli for us as we did it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. #38 DaPhats, Dec 20, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    They're so abundant where I live you can hunt them with the grill of your car :love-m3j:

• Like Like x 2
  19. You obviously have no clue what you’re talking about

Hunting deer serves it’s purpose, if they’re not hunted then the population gets so out of control they will start getting horrible diseases and die a slow horrible death.

Culling down the population keeps them healthy and their natural food sources abundant as well which in turn is good for the eco system.

It’s cool if your not into hunting but if you know absolutely nothing about it then your just talking out your ass.

Deer meat is so much more healthy for you than any meat you can buy in the store, as well as a cost effective way to feed your family.

I only harvest what I need to last for the year and then I’m done hunting for the year. It’s not about going out and killing everything in sight just to be killing animals On mass scale.

It’s really no different than fishing to feed yourself and your family.

People don’t even question their McDonald’s burgers and chicken nuggets, but take issue with someone feeding their family with natural meat that isn’t full of antibiotics and steroids?

Maybe chickens and cows should have guns and laser beams on their heads too? Speaking of killing on mass scale...

Hunting is actually really hard work and a lot goes into it to insure a healthy and abundant deer heard on your property so that you can harvest what you need every year.

The real cowards are the ones who let the farmers do all the work so they can sit on their fat unhealthy asses eating processed meat and complain about people killing poor innocent animals.

• Like Like x 3
  20. #40 Bigdaddy76, Dec 20, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
    Then introduce their natural predators back into their environment. Where that’s being done, there’s not a problem with over population. Don’t be a pussy, if you’re going to shoot at them, they should be able to shoot back! A healthy deer has a chance to fight off predators. They can’t really fight off someone cowardly hiding, shooting at them! Be a man, grab a knife and try catching and killing one with your bare hands. At least that way the deer has the chance of hurting or killing you too!

• Disagree Disagree x 3