Deep water Culture

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by Pass Da Grass, Sep 30, 2012.

1. #1 Pass Da Grass, Sep 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2012
    This is my first deep water culture set up. I will be updating this thread like a journal. Posting some pictures to make sure there is nothing I am forgetting or anything anyone would like to point out. Anyone have any tips for this type of growing which would be helpful. Does it look ok ? Conversations on hydroponics and deep water culture in a micro grow closet grow such as mine.

Attached Files:

2. looks pretty decent, might need some more air in that res though. What kind of air pump/size of air stone are you running?

3. looks bad ass.

4. Thats awesome, are those yogurt cups?

5. Sorry to threadjack, but how important is it to have a reservoir that is light resistant? I have a similar setup to you but I'm using a clear tupperware container instead of black? Is that bad? :confused:

6. Yes, you'll want to cover it with foil tape or sonething similar, because roots will not grow toward light. It would slow the root growth if you left it clear.

7. Its a marina 75 air pump and one fairly large air stone with a small one although I have changed the small one to the same size as the other to see what happens

8. yup haha

9. How many gallons/litres is that bucket? I'm having a hard time determining the amount of nutes to use in my setup...should I go by what's labeled on the back on my nutes? I'm using General Hydroponics 3 step (flora, micro, bloom). My reservoir is just under 1 gallon I think (4 litres)...it's a tupperware shoebox from walmart.

10. I have about 8 litres of water in my bucket. and yes do what the instructions say on your bottle. soon you will find what your pants likes best and it wont be as difficult.

11. Clear rez has nothing to do with roots.. pfft :rolleyes:
    Water + light = algae! which inveitabley fuck with the roots, but doesnt stop em from growin the other guy said.
    OP more air!

12. start feeding at 1/8 to 1/4 then slowly work your way up!

13. Awesome, thanks y'all!

14. Not a hydro guy, but I start with 1/4 in soil. Do you think the 1/8 to 1/4 is essential or could he start at 1/4 without worrying about shock?

Just curious because I am interested in DWC myself.

15. 1/4 should give no problems

16. I'm liking your setup man! Nice! Been interested in doing a DWC myself, sub'd for sure, can't wait to see how this turns out!

17. An update day 4 of my lemon OG Kush.

Attached Files:

18. Nice, you can see that sugar...

19. Update again :) Day 7
    Small amounts of roots are starting to come out the bottom, while staying a nice white colour. Its hard to see all the roots within the median in these pictures.
    Ph - is around 6.0 - 6.5

Attached Files:

20. Nice home-made DWC!!! Thinking about doing one of these myself! Sub'd for the learning experience!!