Deep reddish, purplish stems??? Quick Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SoCalMedGrower, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Quick question... I was reading around and people are saying that leafs with reddish stems are bad?? I have always thought that that was fine... Please feedback on this... I dunno if this is true or what...

2. heres a pic of what im talking about...

Attached Files:

3. it's fine it just growing my fam has been growing for 5 generation ..jus cuz ur using cfl hah??

4. Whos using cfl???

5. its usually either a strain genetic, OR cold temps at day/night.
    shouldnt be anything to worry about
    keep the temps above 60

6. In my experience, purple stems and leaf petioles are indicative of poor nutrient supply or root system disease/damage. A genetically purple plant is a whole lot rarer than a phosphorus deficiency. I've grown about 12 different seedbank strains and not one had any purpling unless there were problems. I would without a doubt look into what def's she might have.

7. could be a nute deficiency, could be cold temps... check ur ppm and ur temperature.... keep it above 60 degrees F... purple means cold. or super dank buds! lol. but most likely cold

8. I keep the door open to get air flow but it gets cold at night...I dunno if thats it... They shouldn't have any defecencies there 13 days old and I havent been using nutes but I planted them in FFOF and have been watering with 6.5 ph plain water...What could it be then? Any help?? So purpling on the stems is not good? I have purpling through the main stem on a lot of plants... Please help...

9. It's not just on one of them, it's pretty much the whole fleet has reddish stems on water leafs and purple striping through the stem...Thanks for feedback guys...If you guys need a pic of the purple striping im talking about on stem I can post one...But let me know if this is bad...

10. like i said in my opinion i believe she is lacking something and trying to tell you, maybe do a little research on gc and find out what could be causing your baby to be doing this. :)

11. do you know what strain you are growing? that might have something to do with it...

12. Yeah there are 12 LA CON and 6 OG kush...Th reddish stems on water leafs are mostly on the la con...The og kush has the tiger stripped main stems...DO I have a defecience? or is this normal??? Thanks for feedback...