Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Deep Dish Chocolate chip cookie

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by DankHerbologist, Jun 14, 2012.

1. So I bought a deep dish chocolate chip cookie from one of the local care givers yesterday and he told me that it was 400mg's of THC. To me that seemed like a lot, he even told me that he doesn't recommend anyone eats the whole thing at once. So, this afternoon I ate half of the cookie on an empty stomach. I waited for almost 2 hours and I didn't feel shit, not a spec. I eventually had to eat cause I was fuckin starving and couldnt wait any longer.

I just don't understand why I'm not blown right now. Either he lied to me about the mg's or my tolerance is high. But, with my tolerance being high, im not sure why I felt 50mg edibles last week just fine.

wwwwttttffffff??????? :smoke:

2. Maybe it was a bunk edible? I had an edible last week that didn't kick in. Also I'm pretty sure you are supposed to have some fatty foods in Your stomach to increase bioavailability and maximixe the potential of the edible

3. Never eat edibles on an empty stomach. It's a bad myth/advice that has been floating around for a while. You need to eat food before eating an edible so it doesn't just pass through you without your body breaking down all the cannabis. Eating food ahead of time gets your body processing nutrients already, making the edible more easily processed by your body later.

That being said, some edibles from dispensaries can be "defective." I try to avoid this by just making my own :) . Try it out; it's fun!

4. I never heard this before. Do you have any sources? I'd like to read a lil somethin' about this :smoke:

5. The source I distinctly remember is from BKS on...
    First pass metabolism:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...h-candy-canna-bombs-more-30.html#post12103223

Too-full stomach :
    (which, though it is the common sense idea exhibited with telling people to eat on an empty stomach, I should've also mentioned)
    http://forum.grasscity.com/incredib...h-candy-canna-bombs-more-38.html#post12923500

So basically, eat a fatty snack an hour or two before so the first pass metabolism doesn't break everything down before reaching the bloodstream, but also don't have a huge eating binge before consuming an edible either.

6. That helps a lot and was a good read, thanks man!

7. Are you lean and skinny? Then don't bother with edibles because they go through your system so fast. It sucks. And then the average weight people and heavy people get intense effects and we just get a buzz D:

8. Yes, I am. For the last year I have also had a horrible time absorbing nutrients and vitamins, with a FAST metabolism. So, maybe edibles just aren't for me. I still want to try them again with some food in my stomache though. What is keeping my hopes up is a few years back I ate a hash cookie that dominated me.

9. I'm sure you saw in the links I posted how BKS has a digestive problem that makes absorbing anything from food to mj difficult. She sought methods that would still enable her to enjoy edibles. If you haven't tried to make your own already using her methods, I recommend it if you still haven't given up on them. Lots of people who've posted on the thread had similar problems to yours that got fixed with her tips and tricks on making edibles. The Kat Cracker recipe is simple but still effective one to try out.

10. I ate half a big pan of brownies one time and I was the only one who didn't get high and I consumed what 3 of my friends ate to myself. :( I felt a really really small body buzz while everyone else is retarded high. I felt so left out. Then nobody wanted to smoke with me because they were already baked off their asses.

And then firecrackers don't do anything as much as I've tried nor vapes, Green Dragon got me pretty fucked though because it goes straight into your system from the shot.

Never been so fucked in my life until I had some green dragon, hope you've experienced it!

11. I haven't heard of green dragon before. What is it?

12. Tea made with weed

13. No it's an alcoholic beverage with THC.

14. Lulz on first and only post.