Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decriminalize or Legalize?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Bluedynamite, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Should Marijuana become legalized or decriminalized?

2. Decriminalised with no punishment.
    Completely removed from the substances list.

3. Not quite sure what the difference is to be honest.

4. Legalized completely. Like the same as oregano or basil or parsley...

5. I think decriminalized means that if you get caught with it, you aren't labeled a criminal. Legalize means no penalty with it at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong. If I'm right, then legalize it definitely.

6. Legalization would be the best option. We would be able to get so much in revenue from taxes, and everything about being high would be so much more enjoyable.

7. what about supply and demand? alot of people are going to want it, so would the prices raise? what do you think about that?

8. Legalize it and make it like 5$ an ounce for the stickiest of the icky..

9. You're very right but for one, it wouldn't be that expensive, at least not compared to now in non-MJ friendly states (I pay $400/O). Two, it is just ridiculous for the government to still be able to give you a fine for possessing a plant that grows naturally on this Earth. And three, and most importantly, I would grow as many plants as I could fit in my spare bedroom so I wouldn't really be concerned with how much in taxes Uncle Sam wanted to squeeze out of marijuana legalization.

10. yea i just bought half an oz for $440 (dank af) so i guess prices would go down a little, and i didnt think about growing, good point

11. You paid over $31 a gram?! :eek:

12. $30 its really good shit bro

13. Legalized: Like alcohol, you have to be 21+ or you get into "trouble" (likely a citation and class or something if you're underage)

Decriminalized: Citation, possibly a drug class, depending on situation

14. 18 not 21 (not tryna be a dick)

15. 440/14=31.4285714

16. i actually paid 450 and its 15g i just said 440 for an ounce, but its $30

17. I want full legalization. The US's economy sucks at the moment and the combination of ending the war on weed and the revenue that would come from taxes would help immensely. Plus having legal establishments that grow or sell recreational marijuana would be awesome.

For those who don't know, they differ in that legalization would make it a legal, taxable business and full decriminalization would just mean that it isn't illegal to possess or grow it. Selling would still be illegal as far as I am aware due to tax laws and things like that. There would be no retail businesses and we'd still be relying on street dealers with decriminalization.

18. There's different variations of legalization. But recently, there's been alcohol-marijuana equalization discussions which would basically attach the same laws as alcohol to marijuana. This is like a baby step to legalization. A halfway point between decriminalization and total legalization.

But I would expect the most legalization we'll ever see in this country to be 18+ at the least. But it's probably going to start with 21+.... IMO

19. #19 Bunny Wailer, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2013
    False.

Colorado:
    11 Rules for Legal Pot in Colorado - Hit & Run : Reason.com

Washington:
    Washington Initiative 502 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EDIT: I saw your post below, Cali is decriminalized, not legalized

20. isnt it 18 in cali, colardo and washington?