Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decriminalization

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GanJray, Mar 12, 2010.

1. Okay simple question, I live in the Massachusetts area where marijuana is decriminalized, do the cops have the right to confiscate it from you?

2. of course! decriminilized is not legalization. it's still illegal, but less of a punishment if you get caught i believe... so yes it's an illegal substance and a class C drug or sometihng like that so it can and will be confiscated

but really... it's a plant! if you so happen to set it on fire, then there's some effects... :)

3. Yup it's a Civil infraction so basically they take it and give you a ticket.

4. Damn....thats just stupid. Hopefully one day soon they will realize its potential.:smoke:

5. Eventually. You and everyone else on this forum feel the same

6. Hey man I'm from mass too. Don't carry over an ounce or the offense goes from civil to criminal. Just thought I would inform you in case you didn't know.

7. Hey, thanks for the info- wasnt aware of that. :)

8. gotta love the fellow stoner

9. verb (used with object),-ized, -iz·ing. to eliminate criminal penalties for or remove legal restrictions against: to decriminalize marijuana.

according to dictionary it means that so why would the cops take it from you? im confused?

10. decriminilized does not equal legilization! I think it just removes the criminal charges if you get caught. you'll be fined 100 bucks and have it confiscated but no charges against you.