Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decriminalization of weed in MA

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by cheech17, Nov 6, 2007.

1. i was just watchin fox 25 news and one of the 1st stories was about decriminalazing weed in MA to no jail time just a 250 dollar finefor under 28 grams, i couldnt find the story on the web to read some more. but this is a start. but how big... do you get arrested if its found in your car? is it still a dui if you smoke? probably... anyone else see this or know anything about it?i wish the government would take over the marijuana industry im so sick of dealin with scum bags just to get my weed damnit:smoking:

2. i hope this is true

3. Yes it is a DUI. I live around the new bedford area and my friend got randomly pulled over and the cop smelled the weed and could tell he was baked and he got slapped with a fine plus arrested...Sucks

4. hopefully this is true. it would be a step in the right direction:)

5. The founder of NORML is in the Massachusetts court system for getting caught with a roach at a MassCann ralley in September.

He is an outspoken decriminalization activist, and a public service lawyer... I expect he is going to show that the current legislation is unconstitutional.

Next step- decriminalization.

6. it's a good step in the right direction, but damn getting a $250 fine for having herb while everyone
    else around us is buying alcohol and getting treated like upright members of society.

HeLLO Congress!! ..WE are upright members of society too!!! :mad:

Here's an article about it:
    http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/homepage/x973262457

7. Hmm, this would be pretty dope. Pun intended.

Here in Springfield, MA the cops don't really care. If they pull you over and find less than a half O they usually just take it and let you go since they have more important issues to take care of.

I never knew you could get a DUI whilst driving high.

8. Yep well here in the new bedford area is supposedly one of the biggest drug capitals in the US. Cops are everywhere :(

9. Where abouts is New Bedford? Springfield is a pretty big drug city. We just hired like ~50 new cops too. Also, around ~20 murders this year as well.

10. I couldnt really give directions but the surroundin cities are dartmouth fairhaven acushnet fall river. Easily find it on any highway basically. I think springfield is north of here so if u hop on 95 S or 195 S youll make it here. Hit me up if your ever around bro.

11. Thats how it is in Georgia. Anything under a ounce you usually get fined or probation for it, no jail time. Unless they hit you with intent to distribute charges. That's if you have a ounce in a lot of baggies though. But i never ride with over a ounce on me anyways so im not worried about getting a felony from smoking weed :smoking:

12. REALLY!!!! well holy shit. lets hope it works itd be so nice if it became legal... especially if they decided to allow ppl to grow like a couple plants for personal use haha i cant wait for this to play out!!

13. i go springfeild all the time i live in CT and my best friend is in Mass so its legal to smoke tehre now? if so im goin to chill wit my friend this weekend lol

14. Eh its a start. I got busted in West Newburry 2 years ago. 2g's of beaster and a chillum while driving. its off my record now :D

15. Wow, you got it good.

Ohio

100g max- 100 dollar fine
    100.1g-200g- 30 day in jail and or 200 dollar fine.

The rest is some good time in the cell.

Cultivation

<TABLE borderColor=#cccc99 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD class=report>Less than 100 g</TD><TD class=report>minor misdemeanor***</TD><TD class=report>none</TD><TD class=report align=right>$100</TD></TR><TR vAlign=bottom><TD class=report>100 g to 200 g</TD><TD class=report>4th degree misdemeanor </TD><TD class=report>not more than 30 days and/or fine,
    if near school or juvenile- 3rd degree misdemeanor and/or fine
    </TD><TD class=report align=right>$250-$500</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The rest is good time too.

16. That would be amazing because i have an open case of possesion and if it was decriminalized im sure that would affect any cases involving weed