Decrimilization in NJ

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by dom12, May 18, 2012.

1. LOL and christie is dead set on getting the sports betting law going up against the federal government. Strange.

2. Yeah I found out about that last night and thought the same thing haha

3. I haven't read the bill for NJ...

Is there anything about the NJ law that will differ from the NY law?
    We see the record busts going on in NY, a de-crim state. Obviously, de-crim doesn't mean people won't get abused. My state is a decrim state since the 70's and we have no less than 26 drug task forces in the state. I guess they didn't get the memo?

4. 15 grams is enough haha, just be stealthy when bringing home your ounce and you'll be fine. good news for nj!

5. #25 floating_by, May 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2012
    It's 42 grams here and we still have 26 task forces. ;)
    15 grams will make more of an incentive for encounters and stops.
    I've seen two people in the same car each with their own sacks get added together so they can be charged with a greater offense. Don't think they'll play nice. Look to NY for the example of the new "decriminalized" reality. Record busts year over year. Why is this different?

Edit: Our state supreme court even ruled BONG WATER can be included in the total weight. I shit you not. De-crim is playing RIGHT into their hands, just like MMJ.

6. Well decriming up to 15 grams is good because the cool cops that dont care about that stuff will be even cooler. They won't feel obligated to "go by the books"

7. Fascinating that Christie can just cunt his way thru with the brand new sports betting bill all while hypocritically opposing the influence of the federal governments law using the same rationale AGAINST MMJ in NJ, yet for more than 2 year MMJ has been LEGAL in NJ and not one patient has been served.

That was a large run-on sentence, but im feeling like a silly goose right now.

8. any more news on this?

9. yea is there? and fuck the christie !@

10. I mean we're called the Garden State for a reason, I'm praying it passes.

11. If something is done, you will hear about it.

12. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Lol'ed when I read this. Leave it to Jersey to fuck up decriminilization....

Oh well... Better then nothing I guess. Article quoted is right here.

NJ

13. Yea it's decriminalized here it's passed right?

14. Not yet my friend. It's still 100% criminal in NJ. I believe the next hearing is June 21, but don't quote me for truth. Cross your fingers for innocent people having their lives ruined over something that's never hurt anybody.

15. Its too bad I already got arrested for possession. These laws are BS. In reality, every day is just a step closer to dying, and the government is controlling how we want to live our lives. It really makes me angry to think about it

16. #36 illrolling, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2012
    what will happen to everyone thats in trouble or say in the middle of probation if its decriminalized

17. #37 dom12, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2012
    Nothing will happen it will still be a crime regardless. I think there's a federal law about law changes/amendments somewhere. Same thing happened with alcohol prohibition though

Edit: I'm not sure about Probations or if you're already in trial for it though. I thought you meant for people already convicted and in jail

18. Any word yet? 21st is tomorrow.

19. Nope, just scoured the internet and couldn't find anything...

Almost seems like they forgot about it hahaha

20. This bill,as written,is an attempt to remove your right to a jury trial for possession,,something the feds are realizing is a very real threat to their prohibition,,the overturning of the federal laws through jury nullification,,it is the next step in ending this insanity that we,the people can do without waiting on congress.