Decrimilization in NJ

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by dom12, May 18, 2012.

1. #1 dom12, May 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
    It might finally happen! Bud might finally be decriminalized in NJ, so excited and I really hope it passes :D

Here's the link to the article: Marijuana Decriminalization Bill (A1465) Hearing - Events - NORMLNJ.org

Do you think that asshole Christie will let it go thru? We all know what happened to MMJ in NJ.. after 3 years it's finally starting to get it's act together now, so I don't know if this will pass :(

2. 15 grams isn't much, would prefer up to 50 grams like other states, but this is still better than nothing!

3. Bill is gaining support.
    Bill decriminalizing marijuana possession in N.J. is on right track | NJ.com

I think there is a hearing on this today. Contact your state reps through this link and tell them to support this bill.

Drug Policy Alliance - Help end marijuana arrests in New Jersey!

4. it was passed unanimously. its all on Christie. dont fuck it up..

5. I'm extremely excited and eager to see if will sign this, I really hope so .. There are political analysts saying he has spoken about reforming criminal punishment, this would be a great oppurtunity to stop wasting $$$ prosecuting and jailing people for nothing more than a bunch of flowers really.

I'll be hoping...

6. Not yet. This was only an important panel hearing. The bill needs to pass the legislature before going to Christie.

A small, but important victory today. :hello:

Contact your state representatives through this link and tell them to support this bill.
    https://secure2.convio.net/dpa/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&page=UserAction&id=831

7. Jersey brah checking in. Also wondering when this will officially be voted on.

Hopefully Christie does the right thing. I actually feel like it has a good chance of passing. So tired of driving around with a gram or less being worried about being pulled over.

8. Yeah I feel the same way... Christie will do the right thing hopefully :p

I can't wait until this bill actually comes into effect so I don't have to worry about driving around with weed anymore as well :smoke:

9. exactly man

even though I don't have anyone to pick up from anymore :(

10. I really hope this passes, but i have a feeling Christie will fuck this up.

Exactly.. Hopefully this passes :smoke:

11. I hate Christie. We need him out of office.

Hope it's passed though.

12. It was voted on in full chambers today Thursday 5/24 but I can't seem to find an update anywhere evn normls site .. I came here in hopes someone knew more .. Anyone know the deal?

13. [quote name='"CrackThaDutch"']

It was voted on in full chambers today Thursday 5/24 but I can't seem to find an update anywhere evn normls site .. I came here in hopes someone knew more .. Anyone know the deal?[/QUOTE]

It got postponed

14. ^ yep. postponed until later in June.

15. We need to vote Christie out.

16. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8SHP7JskJc]Reefer Sadness: New Jersey Teases Its Citizens With the Hope of Rational Legislation - YouTube[/ame]