Decrease light increased temp?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by erythnuul, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Hey GC. I had my fans hooked up to 6v adapters, and my temps were ok, ranging from 78-82. I wanted to lower them a bit so I switched out the 6v for 12v, noticing a drastic increase in performance. However for some reason the temps started to increase. I removed 2 of my 6 bulbs which was a very hard thing to do and my temps are now sitting at around 83-87. I'm not certain why this would happen, I figured more powerful fans = pushing more air = lower temps? The only thing that I can think of is that there is not enough negative pressure now that the fans are pushing more air but I can't see how that would increase the temps that much, especially with less light? Any input would be great because I've gotta get this under control asap. Thanks.

2. If you can get your temps back to 78, I would do it. 78 is fine for veg. Maybe your adapters are creating 2x as much heat? I don't really know much about this electricity stuff and the volts and what not...

3. Did the outside temp go up? Got a pic of your set up?

4. It seems the logical answer would be that the enviorment air surrounding your grow space has increased in temperature, bringing up your box temperature.

There is a drastic difference in temperature range inside my cab when the surrounding enviorment goes from 65 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit, about a 10 degree increase inside.

Also have you moved your lights down at all or your thermometer?