Decision time to harvest.

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by drew425, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Ok so all of my plants are 55 days into flower and everything has been pretty good for my first time besides a few early temp issues which I fixed and then about a week ago I went out of town and came back to find I had a pretty nasty spider mite infestation. I sprayed all the plants down once and then discontinued the use of the mighty wash due to some advice from experience growers. I hosed them all off to try and get the dead mites and possible remaining ones off and have been making sure they have lots of ventalation the last week so they dry fine and don't get bud rot or anything. I tried looking at all the trichs with a pocket 60-100x microscope but my hands aren't very steady. The trichs that I did see mostly appear clear with some cloudiness. GC what do you think? And when im curing should I try to spray more air on the buds to make sure all the dead bugs are off? I hear that handling the buds to roughly can knock some of the trichs off and I don't want to do that which I think might happen if I spray them with any air. Also Should I flush them once last time? I got some sledgehammer which I used last week to flush and they are due to be fed again soon. Please help Thanks.

2. Whats wrong with mighty wash? It worked good for me. I did rinse with water about 24 hrs after the application. They sell a power wash for rinsing. I since then got it but have not used the power wash because I haven't needed to use the mighty wash again...thank god! I read a diluted food grade H2o2 can work to kill bugs. I cant remember the ratio but I found the info on a normal benefits of h2o2 for plants search on bing.

3. does anyone know anything about npk's other products? i got samples of mighty wash, pm wash and multiply but theres no directions or anything. it doesnt even list the ingredients. their website is no fuckin help either

4. #4 bizie, Dec 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2012
    All are foliage sprays except multiply.

The Mighty Wash is to kill unwanted pests. Its said to be electrostatically charged water and shocks the bugs to death it is 100% safe for human consumption and the rep goes around to the hydro stores taking shots of it to sell it (so I hear) It does have a wetting agent that seems to have a slight smell to it so I got and used the power wash. Worked well on flowering plants with no ill effects. Just make sure you do all spraying in the dark and the plants are mostly dry when the plants come on. Water droplets can make the hid light burn the leaf surface just like a miniature magnifying glass.

PM wash is said to fight mold and fungus issues. Never used.

Power wash- To rinse the plant of any residue left from the application of any sprayed on product, i.e pesticides. Worked well

I'm not too sure about the multiply but I think that's for feeding and meant to be used with another product called stack. In flower you feed multiply and foliage feed stack. Never used.

5. thanks biz. hopefully i wont need any of this stuff then!

6. [quote name='"drew425"']Ok so all of my plants are 55 days into flower and everything has been pretty good for my first time besides a few early temp issues which I fixed and then about a week ago I went out of town and came back to find I had a pretty nasty spider mite infestation. I sprayed all the plants down once and then discontinued the use of the mighty wash due to some advice from experience growers. I hosed them all off to try and get the dead mites and possible remaining ones off and have been making sure they have lots of ventalation the last week so they dry fine and don't get bud rot or anything. I tried looking at all the trichs with a pocket 60-100x microscope but my hands aren't very steady. The trichs that I did see mostly appear clear with some cloudiness. GC what do you think? And when im curing should I try to spray more air on the buds to make sure all the dead bugs are off? I hear that handling the buds to roughly can knock some of the trichs off and I don't want to do that which I think might happen if I spray them with any air. Also Should I flush them once last time? I got some sledgehammer which I used last week to flush and they are due to be fed again soon. Please help Thanks.[/quote]

Looking at the tricomes can be real bitch! Just have patience and take note of them. I harvested my plants early because of the frost this year, only had a couple amber tricomes :/ it's a much better high in my opinion. Harvesting later is better for trying to get more weight because the last couple weeks before harvest is when the buds really pack on the weight :)