Decision time...HELP

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by w4z, Feb 20, 2019.

1. Hey guys,

Hope y'all all doing good man! Quick question and some advice pls folks

My current setup has 2x 45w full spectrum led lights and its abt a 5sqft box. 80cm x 60cm x 170cm

Now I know it ain't enuf light and I have 2 options to upgrade let me know what is best

Option A would be to put in a normal 100w LED light...not the full spectrum RGB one but a plain white one? This would effectively push me up to around 190w and I'd be happy with 150w tbh

This is the cheaper option as well I'm just wondering if the plain white light would be good. I've read a few reviews that rave about it as its actually not white like the human eye can see but more blue which helps with flowering I believe?

Anyways...next up

Option B I get a stronger led. Now this is what I've been searching for and in south africa they ain't cheap and a lot are Chinese knock offs...so gotta tread carefully here. I then came across this from a more reputable seller here by me...see attached picture

This is really cheap for what it is considering....1000w is insane though surely?

Now in both options my plan was to mount the 2x 45w panels to either side of the box...I've attached pics of the current lights and the box so you guys can see what I mean...would this be a good or bad idea? Just thought more light would be good but not sure...

Thoughts/advice/suggestions all welcome

Peace fellas[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. Damn they all look awesome...way outta my budget those haha

I think I'm heading with option b...after a huge amount of research today a couple guys have had huge succewhen they hybrid the rgb and white led lights

Gonna have a look at some tmrw

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

3. Yea man I can't decide on mine either !! I'm getting grey hair over it lol ..I figured it take me couple days with research and its been a week!! If your looking for some good leds look at cree cob cxb5390 there around 150 each and you can get them on Amazon ..

4. Thanks I'll check them out ..ive been researching for a week now! Lol
    I've decided on the rapid led chilled logic
    Chilled Logic 2' x 4' Grow Fixture

But ima check out some of these websites ! Thanks for replying

5. My bad ... I think you was talking to w4z lol

6. No, I was addressing the entire community ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. They work amazing optic is the pricier out of them and rapid/timber. But the rapidled/grow mau5 is 100w and has the samsung lmb-301 if im not correct works great Nd cheaper than the optic 1xl

Sent from my SM-G950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Yea but I never got an email back about there warranty and finally had to call them and its only for 18 months, timbers is 3 yr warranty and there customer service is on point! Honestly I spole with them throught a message on there website and they actually talked me out of buying the 4vl for my 2x4 tent saying I needed the 3vl instead..like wow how many ppl are goina talk you out of spending more money on there website ..lol
    It was the rapid leds 2x4 chilled logic board vs. Timber 3vl
    Customer service and warranty played a big role in my choice
    Timber for the win !!!!