Deciphering my recurring childhood dream

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Alburnstrees, Jan 27, 2014.

1. #1 Alburnstrees, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    Just thinking of this dream i had and i completely forgot about this section of the forums and figured this would be a good place to post this.

Anyway. In the dream, there would be these big red bouncing balls when i would open this random door . Im pretty sure it was just this big white space on both sides of the door but one side had balls bouncing, like big dodge balls. But in the dream i would be crying, and i would wake up crying. Anyone want to make sense of this dream? I haven't had this dream in since i was a kid.

2. I think you are dreaming of getting t-bagged

3. this was before i even knew what that was haha

4. Not enough detail to understand what's really going on in the dream.

5. in the dream if i was on the side of the door with the bouncing balls i would start crying but if i closed the door i felt like i could escape until i opened the door again. But even though this door was just in white space you couldnt see the balls from the other side only if you opened the door. Ive always been trying to figure it out i just never could

6. Repressed memories?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0Qf4JY3kHs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7mxRNgdzJ0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. As a serious question, where you in anyway or form picked on in childhood?

8. #8 Alburnstrees, Jan 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
    i dont think so i made friends pretty easy but there was a point in like 6th grade or so where my main group of buddies kind of acted distant towards me even though we are all like brothers now. Although i've always been really shy and was diagnosed with ADD as a child if that counts.

9. I think people overthink dreams.

Dreams are just your brain making sense of the world and re-organizing information you have learned.

Your pov of the dream is just you interpreting/making sense of images flashing about

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. [quote name="Alburnstrees" post="19412416" timestamp="1390780749"]Just thinking of this dream i had and i completely forgot about this section of the forums and figured this would be a good place to post this.Anyway. In the dream, there would be these big red bouncing balls when i would open this random door . Im pretty sure it was just this big white space on both sides of the door but one side had balls bouncing, like big dodge balls. But in the dream i would be crying, and i would wake up crying. Anyone want to make sense of this dream? I haven't had this dream in since i was a kid.[/quote]I'm no professional, but I contemplate my dreams from time to time. Please do not take this analysis as fact, it it merely my own observation.This is slightly off topic but I'd like to mention how I've had dreams as a child such as a random classroom during school in a lesson with other students, just a normal class. Years later I find myself going to high school, then arriving at the same class with the same students beside me, as well as the same exact teacher teaching the same lesson! These dreams of peeking into the future hasn't happened for a while, though these situations were quite abundant during my early high school years. I am currently a high school senior.Anyway, back to the analysis:I believe that you may feel some sort of insecurity in the real world, more specifically with yourself. It could be issues with self confidence, failures, an infant stage of depression, stressful relationships, etc..This explains the metaphor of a door to a room of chaos and havoc. These balls are large in size, red, and continually bouncing to catch your attention. This explains that it is something you are facing daily (if not, almost).The white walls may be a symbol for your inner self as a whole. You are naturally pure and kind hearted.Now looking onto the physical aspect, you may be looking into a gymnasium full of frightening dodgeballs as a similar event in your past may have scarred your brain. Your brain hold a tremendous mass of information, most of it is locked into the subconscious. This is where such a memory may have been stored.Now piecing everything together, your feelings and the gym, it is quite possible that you have felt such an emotion while you were in the gym. When you first experienced this dream, your brain may have taken the memory and pushed it back towards your attention.The second time the dream occurred, I do not think it is necessarily the same location you went to prior to dreaming, in reality. I think such feelings may have struck you again, triggering the same dream.I believe you are experiencing the same feelings in real life from time to time, resulting in this recurring dream.That is my analysis of your dream.Hope it helped dude. ~1996 Jiggawattz~

11. #11 Alburnstrees, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
    thanks man that did seem to help. I do deal with a couple of thos real world problems you mentioned but im not site where the dodgeballs came from because i dont have bad experiences with anything like that but good analysis!

12. Dreams are a funny thing.  they may seem random but we dream from our subconscious mind so there is meaning there and our mind is trying to tell us something.

I think maybe it's implying that you're different from the rest of society and it's not a bad thing.  I think maybe you feel like you're alienated and so much different than society because you actually think about things and do your own research rather than what society tells you.  

You're on a path not seldom traveled and that is why it is the right path.  You are on the way to true happiness and peace, but you might or might not know it yet.  I can feel it.  Tell me if I'm right or wrong please.

I think maybe if you embrace this feeling of alienation and go with your gut feeling or instinct on absolutely EVERYTHING you will notice a big change in your life.  I strongly believe the subconscious mind has a connection to the external the world in which it tries to make apparent through something called synchronicity.  Patterns, meaningful coincidence, dreams, bizarre strings of coincidences that make you think you're crazy is all the universe letting you know it's there and you're discovering what so many people fail to do.

Tell me if I'm right or wrong so I can know if I'm a psychic lol

13. #13 Alburnstrees, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    actually pretty accurate haha

14. And the balls could represent society or friends,peers,family.  You could be crying because you want to be accepted but can't because you are different in a way that you can't control.  Or you have a fear of not being accepted.  Or you're worrying too much about what people think and once you stop worrying about that and live for you, then everything else will fall in place and you will be happy.  

peace brother be happy and free.

15. #15 Boats And Hoes, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014

You have a sick mind.

Freud wasn't infallible... I'm pretty sure you and him are the only ones who get hard-ons when you see your mom walking out of the shower.

Sigmund Freud.. ahah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2ODU93wVdg

P.S.
    Jay... why did you delete your post??? I think I know why...

16. #16 Boats And Hoes, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2014

This. The red balls flying past you represents activity that you feel to be threatening; and you crying because of, or in the midst of, this rapid activity, represents you being unable, or not wanting to, confront your turbulent circumstance.

17. Dreams are non-sense. Maybe you were playing dodgeball. It's not that big of a deal, try dealing with what happens in the real world instead of what happened in your dream.

"

You're so deluded if you think that dreams have no sort of signifance in one's life... Darwinism has totally warped your mind.

19. #19 Alburnstrees, Feb 5, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
    Not saying it was anything, but a few days ago i had a dream i got hit by a tractor trailer, the next day i got hit by a tractor trailer haha. Same with my brother. He had a dream his jeep was violently shaking on the highway, the next day it did just that.

20. How about we not make assumptions about other people ok? I'm not being controlled by Darwinism, I'm just practical and think dreams have no important significance. You can't argue about this because it cannot be proven dumb fuck.

"