Decent AUTO closet grow from Dollar Store/Walmart

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by INaCHAIR, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Cut a door right in the front. Lined it with several layers of tape to make the seal light proof. Added a tab in front to pull it open. The pillow covers the some failed intake holes. I prop the door open during lights on to help with the heat though.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1383387-2-Bagseed-Northern-Lights-Auto-250w-CFL

2. Wow that's a great way to make it really easy to be lightproof. I wouldn't have thought of a door

3. Here's my ghetto cloner, i literally made it for nothing just stuff i had laying around the house. an old pc that didn't work, a pc fan a plastic tote, some gallon water bottles and solo cups and some of the remainder of the soil from my grow. Been four days and they look the best they have yet, they were pretty small when i took them. It's like 49 watts and stays at 75F pretty much no matter what i do.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. yes this is along the lines of what i was thinking to do too...i like that on-end design with the lid as the door...most excellent Coli!

gonna have a look at your build links too, Tony, before i start...see if i get some ideas out of that

love this kind of stuff...i hope all of you will keep dropping here as here as you build and develop...i will, for sure...

5. nice, Tony...

on the subject of DIYing nute feeds and treatments, what have any of you heard about using lemon, lime or vinegar to bring down ph?...i am running tests this week on all three as i do my water change outs...tested day before yesterday and came up pretty high so i am looking for cheap easy treatments that do not require me purchasing bottles of up/down...treated dechlorinated tap that started at 7.8...brought that down into the 6.0-6.5 range with a lil apple cider 'mother' vinegar...next two changings i am gonna try fresh lemon and fresh lime juice..

also added a teensy sprinkle of epsom salt in that lowered ph water for a misting on my babies as a mag feed...we'll see how it does them...

6. Tony i was looking at your grow journal..have you purchased a scope already?

another lil DIY sort of tip...don't need a scope or a loop to look at your trichs...i use my smartphone and some free microscope apps to look at mine...the image jumps around a lot, so i initially had to take ALOT of shots to get some good ones, but solved that with a smartphone to tripod adapter (think i listed that above)...

frankly, i tried a loop and a pocket scope, but i found them a pain in the ass to use...much easier to use my phone, take my shots and then analyze on my comp...

here are some i took about a week ago or so from my mother plant
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

i am still playing around with the apps...there are 4 that i like, all free at Google Play
    • Scientific Camera
    • Cozy Magnifier
    • Microscope HD
    • Magnifier
    thought i would pass along that tip for y'all to try

Attached Files:

7. Having my wife look those up for me lol. Our nikon i don't think will get in close enough to see the color shift.

8. if it is a DSLR and you had macro lenses it would probably work...better than a smartphone likely...unfortunately my DSLR needs repairing, which is why i resorted to this...

lol about the wife doing your dirty work!

9. #32 pipperz, Sep 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2015
    another thing i forgot to mention in my apps post, but just remembered because i am using it to take my notes for the day...

GrowBuddy...get it...seriously...i am using the pc version, but there is also an integrated phone app (have not tested it yet, will soon)..not really DIY, but i am glad i found it at the beginning of my cloning attempt

https://growbuddy.com/

pretty comprehensive...i wouldn't do without it now...

i should do another forum post on that specifically...its quality and free

10. IT's a nikon d3100 really nice camera but the only extra lense i have is a polarized lense. lenses for nikons are freakin expensive and this is my wives camera so i'll just mooch he cell phone for my close ups, it's got a good camera on it too.

11. Grabbed a few of those scope apps. I'll try them out when I get home in an hour or so. Thanks!