Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decarboxylation???

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Wondering, Jan 13, 2010.

1. I want to make a tincture, but most of the recipes seem to call for dry plant material. My question is this:

Can I harvest and put the weed directly into the oven for decarboxylation? Then load up a jar, add the alcohol, and let it marinate for a month?

Is decarboxylation that important or can I start with fresh material and add the Everclear, 151 or whatever?

2. You don't have to decarboxylate I think, you can just take Everclear, dump some fresh herb, and let it marinate for a month. Be careful to look at portions tho. 2 oz = 1/2 gram I hear. So drink/pour out some liquor first unless you plan on putting like 2oz of fern in the alcohol.