Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decarboxylation with no smell

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by boonub, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Is it possible?

2. #2 Paleo Edibles, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2010
    It doesn't smell that much. I've heard of decarboxylating in the sun with a sunbox.

3. do you have to decarboxylize? and if so, how long do you put in the oven for and what temp. if your only using a small amount.

4. I read it was like 275 for 20 minutes or something like that.. or 375 for 5mins or so

5. #5 Paleo Edibles, Nov 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2010
    You don't have to decarboxylate. It's reccomended. For about 20 minutes at 265-275F.

Cannabinoids vaporize at trace amounts at 284F, but ovens take a significant amount of time to heat thier contents, and it's usually not to the exact temperature you have set on the oven dial, especially for only 20-25 minutes. Remember, this is always just approximation, not any exact measurements. The rule of the green thumb around here is leave it for extra minutes until the bud is dry, crumbles easily, and smells more potent.

6. Well after I decarboxylate it at that temperature, probably 220F* for 25minutes or til its brown, I'm going to make firecrackers at 325F* for 20 minutes which should make my firecrackers.

7. Yeah or 350F.

8. Having made edibles last weekend I've been reading quite a bit as to methods and such, and decarboxolating caught my interest. So last night I tried to decarb some bud in my vape

I put it in at 329 F for 45 minutes, after that I took the bud out of the bowl to examine it, it was indeed much more crumbly, smelled more pungent, and was still mostly green with tiny brown bits in certain parts

After that I threw it back in at 365 did one bag at that, did another bag at 382, and I couldn't even finish the second because I was so high already

It was definitely close to the high of edibles which was incredible and it lasted quite a bit longer than usual

I definitely recommend trying to decarb some of your bud and see what results you get, I sure saw big improvements

9. To decarb potent, smellier bud, with no odor, make sure it is quite dry and use oven bags with metal pins/clasps sealing them shut. This will also help to contain and prevent any possible vapor and loss of potency if your temps rise too high.

10. Fasho bro, but do you have to grind up the weed first if its okay and then pre heat the marijuana?

11. i used vaped weed to make edibles and it worked really well.. i guess decarboxylation works.. the first 2 times i didnt decarb and didnt work so well.

12. yea, i was just gona say, just vape at a low temp then use that to cook with... that's how you decarboxylize with no smell. ;)

13. I used a ziplog box to pre-heat these babies

14. Use this guy or one like it on Amazon.
    https://amzn.to/388r51h
    The smell is almost nothing while decarbing. And you can make canna butter with it.
    The smell is minimal and dissipates fast.
    Frying something with onions after is a great way to eliminate odors as well.

15. I use concentrates to make my medibles. No smell while decarbing.

16. 12 year old "dead" thread....-_-

• Like Like x 1