Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decarboxylated Weed Still Moist?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by fr123, Nov 4, 2018.

1. So I currently have the house to myself and figured it would be a good time to decarb some bud. I turned my toaster onto convection mode, temp to 250 Fahrenheit, crumbled my weed into little buds, put it in a glass bowl covered with foil and put it in the toaster for 28 minutes. It definitely smells. Its very slightly brown, but the crystallized thc is still there, and its not dry and crumbly like i hear it is supposed to. What gives? My toaster is modern so I doubt it is any more than 10 degrees above or below. Does it have to be dry to be done? Thanks :)

2. Decarb takes 40 minutes not 28 so that's probably why & the temperature you need is 220 not 250

• Like Like x 1
  3. It will be moist when u take it out because it was sealed

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. If you used fresh harvested herb, which is about 80% water, then your decarb was stifled while the water boiled off at 212 F or so, so the decarb might differ from the accurate 250 F for 28 min that you used. And conceivably it could still contain water that produces large condensation.

If you used traditionally dried herb, then all is well, and the moisture is due to condensation while cooling in a closed container. That condensation will be gone in minutes, and it will stink.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I also have question about decarbed weed..mine doesn’t turn all brown, some stays green. I tried leaving in for 20 minutes more (hour total). Should I leave in till all brown?

• Like Like x 1
  6. I don't think it has to be a certain colour for it to be decarbed as long as it's been in for 40 mins:)

7. After decarb color is somewhat strain dependent.
    Moist herb after decarb is likely condensation of steam.
    240 F for 40 min and don't worry, assuming accuracy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ok
    . I’ve seen some photos and the after pictures look really brown. Also, some people have said it’s supposed to turn brownish..so I wasn’t sure. Want to make sure I’m doing it correctly thank you