Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decarboxylate/weight

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Dlk228, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Hey my bud lost 2 grams in the Decarboxylate process. Should I do a couple more grams?

2. I think that's totally normal. Part of the decarb is removing water which generally leads to you losing weight unless your herb was very dry to start with. It always seems recipes use pre-decarbed weights. IMO I'd say if you were comfortable with the dosing pre-decarb I wouldn't worry about it. However as a general rule if in doubt I usually err on the side of stronger & work my way up with small doses until I get where I'd like to go.

3. Thank you! Complete newbie to this format. Haha

4. How much did you start with?

5. OP is 4 years old u probably won't get a reply dude lol

6. I'm finding that I'm losing about 7-10% in weight during the decarb process.

It's probably just water evaporation.