Decarbonized my car.

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Clampit, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Sprayed fine water-mist into the air intake b4 the mass air flow sensor. :thumbsup:

2. how d that work out for ya ? is this something that people do ? i ve never heard of it and i ve done shit with cars that a lotta shops wouldnt even attempt.

3. #3 Clampit, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
    Fantastic, and it's easy and costs......$0.00!

4. This just seems too easy. But, I didn't watch the video yet.

5. I guess it doesn't work with fuel injection. Seems legit though.

6. Do it. You can thank me later. I used to put all kinds of additive cleaners in the fuel tank, but the results weren't as noticeable as this. Get a spray bottle that makes a fine mist. Make sure the engine is up to temp.(hot).
    Remove the air cleaner hose from the engine side. Usually one screw.
    Either jimmy something to hold the gas pedal down or have someone sit in the drivers' seat and keep the revs between 25,000 - 30, 000 or so RPM.
    Then spray directly into the intake. Keep spraying until you hear the rpms drop and the engine starts to bog down.
    Stop spraying. The revs will begin to pick up as the water evaporates. Spray and repeat for about 4-5 minutes.
    Put everything back together, and take it for a test run. :coolalt:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wrong. I have a 2011 Elantra!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Oh, did you spray it in the throttlebody?

9. lol 2 stroke elantra.

• Like Like x 4
  10. I disconnected the air intake on the air cleaner box and sprayed into the hose leading to the manifold (?).

• Like Like x 2
  11. Here's a better video..

• Like Like x 1
  12. looks sketchy... although I remember in shop class cleaning the air intake system with some type of foam spray to get ride of the carbon build up inside

13. I had this pile of shit import that would stick at high RPM sometimes or it wouldn't rev up. They told me it was the carberator and it was going to cost a hundred buck to rebuild and replace gaskets, do the work. I was all "fuck that, it isn't worth a hundred bucks". So I kept a can of spray carb cleaner in the trunk. That pile of shit worked for two more years. That and a dozen or more engine fires. True story.