Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

decarbing with seeds?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by FriendOfEvanW, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Hi, I just chopped a small, pollinated plant today. I'm planning on making some tincture out of the buds, and the recipe I use calls for decarbing the bud in the oven at 325 degrees for 5 minutes. I usually decarb fresh trim, then grind it, but I'm just doing the whole harvest because it's small and seedy. I plan to decarb, the remove the seeds during the grinding process.

My question is this:

Will 5 minutes at 325 degrees ruin my seeds?

2. I think you'll wreck those seeds.why decarb before removing the seeds? Why decarb 5 minutes at 325?

3. I just seeded it by hand beforehand. I was hoping to save that couple hours, but it ended up fine. And as for why that time and temp...well, that's just what the recipe says.

4. I've never heard of decarbing at 325 for five minutes.
    It's always been 220 to 240 for an hour.

5. That sounds like a better plan for next time. Maybe it's so short because the tincture is heated in a water bath for a few hours.