Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

decarbing on metal bowl

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Whatpottt123, Aug 21, 2019.

1. its a small round bowl, can i just put grinded herb on there and cover in oven for about 25min at 225 degrees? iahve pretty dry herb btw

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Decarb takes 40 minutes not 25 dude

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. i was afraid it was going to be too hot due to being metal. didnt know if i should cover it with something first like wax paper

4. 3F20947E-6CFD-4722-8F56-DD20803683CA.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  5. but its really dry herb...

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. I think you meant to say aluminum foil

• Like Like x 1
    1. Preheat oven to 250°F
    2. Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper
    3. Place your broken-up or ground cannabis on the baking sheet
    4. Bake cannabis for 30 minutes
    5. The cannabis should change to a brownish color
    From the internet. I just asked Google. It’s really easy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. 250 F for 30 min is an optimal decarb.
    So is 240 F for 40 min.

225 F for 25 min is a severe under-decarb that will lead to weak medicine.
    The material of the bowl has little effect, except that metal will heat up quicker.

• Like Like x 1
  8. What are you getting at? 2 optimal conditions? Why would anyone cook at 240/40 minutes when 30/250 is “optimal”?
    Just asking

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. ………

• Like Like x 1
  10. It takes 40 minutes lol check either @BrassNwood or @PsychedelicSam threads they help lots of people including myself.. I'm sure if it wasn't 40 minutes people wouldn't be giving BNW/Psam such good feedback/ratings:confused_2:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. everybody on this site for the most part agrees 240f for 40 min as the best possible decarb

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. It doesn't work like that man it still needs 40 mins

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I made the capsules and wow

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. The lower the temp, the fewer volatile compounds will boil off during decarb.
    There are an infinite number of accurate decarb time/temp pairs, so pick the most convenient.
    The most popular is 240 F for 40 min, but many others are just as good.
    It's a nice combination of lower temp and manageable time.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Ok now I’m confused. I better smoke another 3 gram doob...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. No need for confusion.
    Join the majority, and decarb at 240 F for 40 min.
    It's as good as any other decarb.

Or get yourself an Ardent Nova/Lift, and it will automatically do an optimal decarb for you.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Thanks but I was just kidding. I’ve been cooking with weed for 30 years. I’ve been pulling the kid’s leg :)

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. I still haven't made them I've ordered half the stuff you need to make them though :laughing:, I should really buy the rest of the stuff since I get hash cheap.. i can make 6 cookies with an 8th in them & it costs me £12.50 for the hash & £1 for the cookie mix :laughing: & it only takes 1/2 a cookie to give me the pain relief I need :jump::jump:

• Winner Winner x 2