Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decarbing kief

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by IvGotMilk, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Hey guys,

I am a newbie at making edibles but have been pretty satisfied in the past when making a nice batch of brownies with a Q.

When I was making the brownies previously, I'd decarb in the oven at 120*C (248*F) for around 25 minutes. Then for my butter I left it on the stove occasionally stirring for around 4 hours. I'm not sure if this was optimal but for 7g each of the 12 brownies was nicely dosed to my liking.

QUESTION:

I have 2.05g of kief accumulated over 6 months in my grinder. I'm wondering if the decarb process should be at a lower temp due to its surface area / being a powder? Also its not a huge amount either so I assumed maybe less time too?

Any answers are much appriciated :D

Sent from my EVR-N29 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I use the same 240 F for 40 minutes (115 C) for Kief and Buds
    [​IMG]

Coconut oil hits in half the time as butter.
    20 minutes is all that is needed to infuse. 4 hours is not needed and is likely degrading your product.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. You don't grind it up first?

Sent from my EVR-N29 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. It doesn't need it. It's starts as near dust but the oils turn it into a dough like consistency.

BrassNwood, Jan 6, 2018
    [​IMG]
    It's that time again.
    [​IMG]
    Power shaking rules
    [​IMG]
    After shake
    [​IMG]
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    [​IMG]
    GAWD !!!
    [​IMG]
    I love doing this
    [​IMG]

Just did this again Yesterday.
    I decarb and process outside in a toaster oven and yes it stinks. Same as roasting weed but a but more roasted nuts smell then Cannabis. Turns several shades darker brown.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1