Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decarbing in vacuum sealed bag, is it more effective?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Duckisl8, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Can I decarb my weed in a vacuum sealed bag in boiling water?
    how long will i have to boil it?
    is this more effective due to lower risk of escaping gasses, and most of all, will it work?

In advance, thanks for the help!

2. Yes, I saw a video on YouTube, I believe. The cannabis was vacuum sealed in a bag with a knife sealed in the bag to keep it weighted down and under the water. Sorry, I don't remember the time period. Of course the temp is the temp of boiling water. I would do an hour to 90 minutes. Try Google, too, for info. It will work and you won't have gases and terpenes released- it will all stay in the bag. Let it cool before you open it Good luck. This is what I remember, anyone feel free to correct and/or expand.

3. Thanks for the quick response! It seems logical to put it in a vacuum bag,but I havent seen anyone recommending it. I've searched google, but unfortunately no results, but ill get right back on it!

4. BadKittySmiles has an oven bag in boiling water process on her thread and also as a video. I don't have the link but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

• Like Like x 1
  5. thank you so much! found it :)

• Like Like x 1