Decarbing And Iso Hash

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by moea23, Apr 21, 2014.

1. #1 moea23, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    hey guys so recently ive been messing and experimenting with iso hash as butane is harder to get going (supplies etc. plus id prefer a vacuum for butane).
    ive come across a few questions...
    #1:when im purging, i use an open flame oven double boiler (after leaving it outside for 1-2hrs, most the alcohol evaporated so i dont think theres a risk of fire unless my hash comes directly in contact) and as you know open flame doesnt have a set temperature, just low med high. i dont really have the thing that reads temperatures so im not sure what im dealing with but its fairly hot (i can press my finger on it for like 4 seconds then have to take it off)
    is that too hot or no? im scared i burned some of the thc.

second, some methods i see say decarb your weed in the oven at around 125 degrees for 10 minutes, others say decarb your finished product hash for 10 minutes. whats best, and why is decarbing so important? i understand it activates the delta thc into the thc we like, but how important is it is what im wondering cause honestly its a bit confusing...cause i usually freeze my bud so my hash has lighter color, so decarbing it seems pointless (or maybe i should decarb before)

***some guy linked this book http://www.ecampus.com/marijuana-horticulture-indooroutdoor/bk/9781878823236 and claimed the book says heating weed actually does nothing but degrade thc. is that true or false***

also, does this sound right? 3 washes:
    1st:soak 30 seconds, dump
    2nd:shake lightly 30 seconds, dump
    3rd:soak and shake lightly for 30 seconds, dump

if u have a different method please share!! and tell us how it works out for you!

thanks for reading!

2. Dont decarb your weed, decarb the oil because that will purge it as well. Stop using the gas stove, thats asking for trouble IMO.

those washes are too long if you arent freezing. freeze your material and alcohol for at least 12-24hr before running to keep chlorophyll pick-up to a minimum

3. hey jimmy carter, always see you around, thanks for stopping by.
    what temperature do you prefer to decarb your hash, and for how long.
    and im freezing my bud dont worry, around 4 hours usually cause im impatient but ill let it sit for 12 from now on.

and why do i need to freeze the alcohol, to freeze that 1% water is all i can think of.

thanks.

4. by freezing the alcohol, you can lower the chances of picking up a lot of chlorophyll, making your oil green/black.

I decarb at 280 for 20 minutes usually. It depends really, if you want a more head high, decarb until theres mostly big bubbles. if you want a more sedative effect, leave it in the oven longer and wait until theres no bubbling from the oil.

5. You don't need to decarb it! That's what happens when you smoke it lol. If anything, throwing it in the oven will make your hash weaker. And your making it too hard for yourself. Just do your wash and put your solution outside in shade and wait for a day for the alcohol to evaporate completely. Or you could leave it inside with a fan blowing over the dish.