Decarb

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Popcorn, Apr 10, 2019.

1. I have been reading up on cannabis butter and other products like lotions and such. Can I decarb the weed and leave it until I am ready to make butter? If so how long do I have to use the decarbed weed before I make something with it?

2. You can, but you may be better off making your bases (coconut oil, butter, everclear)with the decarbed stuff. Otherwise, why not just keep it in green form?
    Once cooked I believe that it expedites the degradation of the thc. (Could be wrong tho)
    I make capsules with decarbed green, and freeze them to prevent degradation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Yes, you can do that. But,the less you handle your cannabis the better so I would just decarb enough for a couple of days worth. If you're decarbing an amount to make a brownie or cookie recipe I would use it in a timely fashion. No need to process it until you need it. But yes, you can pre decarb and store your butter or oil in the fridge or freezer. Just don't expect it to last months, rather a week or two. You can store for longer, but fresh is more desirable to me, anyway. Lots of people decarb a gram or two to add as is to a recipe like a firecracker. One other thing, if you grind your decarbed cannabis very fine you can add it to your recipe as is, just add to your oil/butter and mix well. You increase potency a great deal when you do not strain.