Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decarb question?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by FarmerJames, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Hello All,
    I have been making edibles including canna caps with good success for several years. My biggest trouble has been with achieving consistency.
    I recently started making cannacaps using BHO, coconut oil and soy lecithin. The first two batches were made using all of the same raw materials from the same containers/batches and the same recipe.
    The only difference between the two batches was the oven I used to decarb. The first oven had a knob with poor markings. The second had a digital control.
    I was shooting for 257F for 27 minutes per Grey Wolfe's chart.
    The first oven ran hot early on and I had to turn the heat down a bit to try and stay at target. The second ran cool and I decided to add 6 minutes to the decarb time.
    The end result was the first run of capsules were significantly stronger than the second. The only variable between the two was decarb time/temp.
    The difference between the two is significant. One cap from the first batch has more effect than two from the second batch.
    What do you all think? Inadequate decarb on the second batch due to lower temps or degradation of potency due to the addl 6 minutes?
    Or something else??

2. I'm wondering about this also