Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decarb process

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by opusthe2nd, Jul 3, 2019.

1. I saw this somewhere. What think ye?

[​IMG]

2. I don't understand how this will decarb your weed? I thought you had to use an oven of some kind not water & a jar:wacko:

3. You know, now that you mention it, thats probably not decarbing. Maybe that is boiling off the alcohol.

4. I'm kinda lost here now what have you made tincture??

5. Its not mine. I just saw it somewhere and it piqued my interest.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. It looks like someone is using a sous vide machine to more slowly infuse oil or butter.
    These machines keep water circulating at a set temperature.
    I mean it's nothing you couldn't do without it...

Decarbing is a completely different process that takes place prior to cooking/infusion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. To decarb cannibas I'd put some trim in the oven. Bake at 200 for 90 minutes then use to butter, margarine etc...

8. Decarb takes 40 minutes man :laughing: unless you're using shatter/dabs then you just wait till it bubbles or something like that:confused_2: idk I've never used them to make edibles

9. For edibles this process always knocks my socks off for cookies, brownies, etc...

10. Decarb shatter at 240F until the bubbling stops.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Hell yeah I knew it had something to do with bubbling, I watched PSams video on YouTube where he explains it but this was a while back so I couldn't remember :laughing:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Just thought it was interesting, thats all. Nothing I'd do. I guess it would work fine for boiling alcohol off for RSO. You'd eliminate any scorching possibilities I bet.

• Friendly Friendly x 1

13. Decarbing shatter is explained in this video

14. probably mate haha

• Agree Agree x 1