Debt?

Discussion in 'General' started by whos_gotherb311, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Alright blades lets hear it. Whos got it? What kind? How much? What got you there?

Myself Im in the whole just under 3,000 US dollars presently. I have almost 2000 dollars in credit card debt. For two main reasons, I bought a set of custom racing leathers for down hill skateboarding that cost about 1000 dollars by themselves. The other g has come from my recent move, Ive been using my credit card to eat, gas up, change my oil, and other everyday expenses so that I know my cash reserves can pay my rent. I have another 1000+ dollars in medical bills from an emergency room visit I had when I got knocked out at a race back in March. Had no insurance at the time, not racing until I have amazing medical coverage.

All in all its not bad, especially since my medical bills have no interest, and low monthly payments. Also, my credit card is extremly affordable. Ever since I got one its been my have things before buying them token, which as sinful as it is is great. I only accept it because how cheap financing my credit card is. It only costs me about 12 dollars a month to finance 1000 dollars.

2. I have almost exactly 1000.00 in debt on my Discover card. My debt isn't even from anything dumb; it's all from college bills and medical bills.
    My interest rate is about 20% (I know that 20 is ridiculous and as soon as I pay it off, I'm closing the card and finding a new one with a lower rate) and my minimum payment is less than $20. If I payed the minimum payment the entire time, it would take me many years to pay off my debt.
    Your minimum payment may be very affordable, but if you figure the math out with your interest, it would take you a long time to pay off your debt just paying the minimum payment.
    Debt sucks, but what I've done is spend as little as possible on weed, cigarettes and alcohol, and use as much as possible to pay for the debt. Paying the minimum won't pay it off for a long time, but if you pay as much as possible, then it should be done soon.
    And mine only costs a few dollars a month too, but if you add $12/month over 2 years, it costs $288/2 years.
    The interest is definitely not worth the time it takes to pay off the whole debt.
    Good luck paying it off. I know it's not easy.

3. I dont owe any cards money, but i had about 5000 dollaz a few months ago, and due to stupid spending ive got about 4000. So, from now on i am saving as much as possible.

4. I don't any bank/cards any money, but I own my mom around $1200. I got arrested and all the fines and fees and shit stacked up quick. and some ridiculous overdraft fees. and other expensive shit that she loaned me $ for.

5. I think your absolutly correct. Like other people I know I will make a large purchase with my card, and pay it over a time span of 5 or 6 paychecks or whatever, depending on how much it was. So with that, I typically pay a lot more than the minimum, I dont even pay attention to the minimum really/ By it being affordable Im referring to the finance charges I get. My APR is 8.x%. Onl y recently have I not been paying more than 50 bucks a month to my card, since Im ensuring my cash lasts as long as possible so I dont miss rent, which cant be paid with credit card. Since I jsut moved, I havnt yet found a job (please lord help me with this lol).

6. I did owe Washington Mutual like 500 bucks i was just being reckless then the stock market crashed and those fuckers burn't in hell so i will never pay them and they dont send me mail anymore so that thing looks clear now.

I im negative 80 in my current checking account.
    bullshit overdraft set of a chain reaction and fucked me for 80 bucks.

7. Umm, if you have a 20% rate, pay it off with a lower interest card?

8. My 20% card will be payed off soon.
    If I had to pay 20% a long time ago, I would have switched cards in the past.
    But, until recently, my card has been at less than 10%.

9. i owe absoultely $0 and 0 cents, in fact the government owes me money and ill be gettin that in a couple years (social security)

10. All three cars are paid off. We have a mortgage on the house and that's it. We try to pay any credit card debt off each month so we keep those balances very low.

I pay cash for almost everything we do.

11. The bank deposited $3300 in my account, and like an idiot I was like, "ooh, free money!", took it out in cash the day after I noticed it, and then the bank reversed the transaction, leaving me -$3300. So I went and gave them back the $2000 that I still had left, and told them I would pay $100/week until I paid the rest back.

Next week, I lost my job. I was unable to make payments, and the stupid part was my account was accruing OVERDRAFT FEES. My $1000 that I owed soon turned into $1700, and since I was not able to give the bank their $100/week I had agreed to, they turned it over to a collection agency.

Not to mention, I have upwards of $600 in traffic violations (I'm a safe driver, I promise.. mostly technicalities)

So I would say my total debt rests between $2000 and $2500. And I just got a job today (YAY) so I will be working to pay this off and hopefully since I have been living dime-to-dime, I will be able to bank some money (figuratively. I don't trust banks)

12. Man, I cannot even post mine b/c it would be a book right now. If you only knew. I'm on the verge of losing everything right now, so that pretty much sums up my debt.

less

13. #13 rubydarkstar, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
    i have some overdrafts in the checking accouny. my husband got his bank card stolen while he was in texas. we got in cancled in time for any major damage but the bank is being a dick . since we're not out a lot we're just saying fuck it and paying it and closing out the account and going elsewhere. they're dicks anyways

edit: almost forgot gotta pay off my kohl's charge card fortunatly its low interest and there is only like 200 on it right now and its max 300 and i have a huge cellphone bill thanks to my husband and i both being reckless with our wireless connect card i think i got how i'm going to pay it figured out

14. I suggest getting a safe.

Moreover, I suggest buying gold with all your saving money and locking it in your safe.

15. None here, except gratitude to those that have helped me along my way

16. i'm 3 stacks in; which will be all paid in full this up comming winter..

hustle real hard, hustle hustle real hard. - rick ross. lol.

:smoke: :D

:wave:

17. i'm debt free.

those slaveowners at the bank can kiss my ass.

18. With our house and car, we owe over $200k.

The car will be paid for in a few months. The house is going to take a while.

19. None yet... but that will change when I move out and go to college.

20. I'm at an even $1,000 in credit card debt, currently. Those bastards just issued me ANOTHER card with three times the limit of my current card. I can't even tempt myself by carrying it in my wallet, though I'm only using a third of my current credit line.

$300 of that g is my boyfriend's "responsibility," as I've let him use it when he absolutely needs to, but it's looking like he's not too concerned about paying me back...

I just bought a house for $700 cash, which is all the money I had. I'm about to go in the hole about $3,000 fixing my house up, I think.