debt is not the problem. it is the solution.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Marianas, May 11, 2011.

1. #61 Marianas, May 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2011
    it isn't good and that is why increased demand in borrowing causes higher interest rates. which you would have known had you actually known anything about the subject in this thread.

maybe you should read before you judge.

2. Oh goodness. An uptick in unemployment is not a trend "downward".

Google harder, in fact - let me google it for you...

Employment Situation Summary

I did like the news agencies spinning the story saying "OMG WE GAINED JOBS!!!" - but unemployment went up....to 9%.

The moral hazard is still there, nothing has been addressed in regards to "too big to fail" because nothing has changed in monetary policy, the Fed, or the FDIC. Those will close ties to government will always be protected, usually via these "regulations" that are supposed to make us minions feel safe.

Some questions, you don't have to answer if you don't want to...

Who went to jail because of the whole mess? Why is Tim Geithner Treasury Secretary? Why was Henry Paulson Treasury Secretary? Why is Ben Bernanke still Chairman of the Fed? Why is a Goldman Sachs lobbyist Tim Geithner's top aide? Why is a former Fannie Mae lobbyist from 1999-2005 now Obama's National Security Advisor?

3. okay im trying to follow your logic..

you say that increased debt (demand for borrowing) is the solution to the problem of increased debt....and then you go on to say that an increase in demand for credit (ie: borrowing and debt) is what has caused the problem in the first place.

thats it im un-subing to this. this is parlor-trick economics at its worst.

i agree with rubbs: worst thread ever

i think OP should read this http://forum.grasscity.com/politics/814406-book-about-economics-mises-free.html

4. yes this is true, and thats why the credit expansion done by the Fed is bad. it artificially decreases interest rate, thus not allowing the higher demand for credit push up interest. then comes the mal-investment, then comes financial bubble.

5. lol i said demand for credit caused low rates? do you remember what happened in 2001?

either you're trolling or you need to take some remedial reading.

6. lol this is because of the large number of people joining the workforce.

the payroll numbers are what you look at to gauge the health of the labor market.

"tbtf" exists because of economies of scale and scope. you probably think this is another conspiracy, but marginal cost decrease as the quantity increase and a truly free market would contain inefficient monopolies. what was changed is how the impacts of a systemically critical firm failing can be limited.

and to answer those other questions, they didnt go to jail because they didnt break the law.

7. It's funny a troll who reveals himself at the title of his own thread has the audacity to call someone else a troll.

8. it is one factor of many.

9. so we agree, printing money and spilling up debt is bad:wave:

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld_WUTFxQcQ&feature=related]YouTube - Ron Paul For President 2012 - Youtube Commercial!.[/ame]

Why Keynesian Economics Is Internally Inconsistent | The Daily Capitalist

11. obviously interest rates were lowered as a response to excess liquidity and weak demand after the recession in 2001 and tax cuts.

can you just unsubscribe please im bored of explaining the same things to you multiple times. i feel like im talking to a 5th grader.

12. yes ill be glad to unsubscribe:cool:

13. Is there ANY scholarly articles you HAVE read?

14. [​IMG]

15. yes, and in addition, i also know that a "scholarly article" refers to something written by someone with credentials and reviewed by his peers.

blogs posted by jeff harding is not a scholarly article

and a youtube video of ron paul's campaign is not scholarly and is not an article

come at me bro

16. [​IMG]

You can't explain that.

17. it cant be explained because the axes are not labeled. and neither is the chart itself

18. Yea, sorry, I should've labeled the axes. The x-axis is time labeled in (CE) years and the y-axis is the value (purchasing power) of the dollar in terms of the 1776 dollar.

Oops, I just proved you wrong. Next image is a throwback...

[​IMG]

19. in that case, i already explained it several pages back with another graph if 1 dollar buys 50% of what it did, you can buy the same item for 2 dollars

if you make more then 2$ your standard of living has improved.

[​IMG]