Debating buying a new(used) car.

Discussion in 'General' started by Cloudyjon, Aug 10, 2012.

1. So before I start, im 19 and just about to start college. I have a car that is nickle and diming me to death, and been considering buying a used car for about 8 grand. When school starts I will be making about 650 a month, maybe 700. Is this a dumb decision on my part? Im leaning towards a mini cooper. Parents arnt really giving me any input :confused:. They agree I should get rid of my current car though.
    Id have about 3500 to put down also.

2. I'd buy something more reliable. Honda,Acura, Toyota, something like that.

Sedan as well, better gas and maintenance

Don't spend too much on a really nice car, you'll regret it

3. So if its something reliable, it is a okay move on my part? I shouldn't just buy another 3500 dollar car?

4. Yea that's what I'd do. If you had to pay a little more money for something new but better condition and miles do it, it's worth it to spend more now than to have to fix and repair it later

5. Awsome man, that's what I was thinking to. I don't want another clunker I have to worry about, something I can be sure about.

6. You made a good decision. Don't buy a nice car and you will waste time, money to fix it, just buy a good in driving ;).
    Believe in me, used car is better choice and you will save your money so far.
    My first used car is when I was 25 years old, it is a Toyota Passo. After that, I like sedan more, I bought a used Subaru Impreza WRX Sti from Japan (Used Subaru Impreza Wrx Sti for sale at best prices low mileage updated 2018)

• Agree Agree x 1