Debate

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Applegarth, Mar 5, 2009.

1. I have a debate on friday for the leglization for marijuana, and i have to go up against a dedicated strict christian who dosent act christ like in the sense

i need stats, numbers, and other good sources of info, graphs anything that will help me buy over the class will be better.

help meh

2. This is a quote from Senator Scutari from last week's NJ MMJ senate proceedings:
    "We have a deeply held belief in the value of another human life". I'm sure your friend would agree with this.

So focus on the harm the prohibition is causing to people rather than on the harms or lack thereof of marijuana itself.

And what's wrong with the prohibition, what is it that a strict christian should feel moved to speak out against?

How about this quote from the President of Mexico, Felipe Calderon; "Mexico's rampant drug violence killed 6,290 people last year - and more than 1,000 in the first eight weeks of 2009". The "rampant drug violence" he's talking about comes from the cartels seeking to protect their drug incomes from the U.S., 60 - 70% of these incomes is derived solely from the sale of marijuana.

No matter what he says about imaginary gateway theories or moronic "messages to the children" tell him it doesn't justify the loss of a single human life, let alone six THOUSAND last year alone. Legalizing the production and sale of marijuana to adults will bankrupt the cartels, end the murders they're committing, eliminate drug dealers from our schools and neighborhoods, and end the easy access of minors to marijuana.

This is your trump card. This is the reason why the alcohol prohibition was repealed. Do NOT take your eyes off it. GL.

3. keep it real.

4. The late Milton Friedman

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLsCC0LZxkY"]YouTube - Friedman on Legalizing Drugs[/ame]

5. first of all- WATCH THE UNION AND TAKE NOTES. seriously. watch it. now.
    hahaha second- The united states constitution was made out of paper.... HEMP PAPER. Marijuana has the potential to be the biggest cash crop in the world. Its uses are virtually unlimited. From its fibers you can make paper, clothes, foods, oils, etc. Not even mentioning that cannabis has played an important role in human civilizations since the beginning of our species. And its buds have medicinal qualities and are much safer than tobacco, alcohol, and caffeine. Mention prohibition- IT FAILED ONCE and guess what... oh shit its failing again. Not sure the exact number but its over 50% of people have admitted to smoking marijuana. The realistic numbers are upwards of 80%. If she pulls the bible card then say Jesus was annointed in cannabis oil. Recent scienitific tests have also confirmed that there are NO harmful sideaffects to smoking weed. NONE. seriously its crazy idk how everyone can be so misinformed but... well i guess the government is pretty efficient at its job. Propaganda is a powerful tool. Also show how very prominent and succesful members of society have smoked and do smoke weed. Tommy Chong, Steve Jobs, Arnold Schwarzenegger, almost all of our presidents, etc. Keep your cool and just counter everything she says. sorry if this is really long.