Debate what is the best manufacturing nation ?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Ultramaxx, Sep 21, 2021.

1. #1 Ultramaxx, Sep 21, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
    As for the durability and quality factor who wins ??
    Certain brands made in Germany, USA , China and others ..

Various high quality brands are made in different places , who wins ?

some say USA is best others China , for bongs and glass accessories etc , slides downstems ..

2. China for volume sales (but not quality)
    USA is LONG past it's prime as a manufacturing leader.
    I would have to say it's one of the Asian countries like Japan, Korea, or perhaps even Taiwan.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. It really depends on what you're manufacturing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. USA and Germany win. China if you want garbage.

• Like Like x 1
  5. US if you want to spread your cheeks and pay twice the price for a bong that will do the exact same thing

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. China if you want garbage unsafe glass that will break easily because it's poorly made. Bad joints, weak glass. In America we actually get quality control and if the glass doesn't come out perfect it's recycled.

7. Stay away from china.
    Everything in China is involved with the CCP. The Chinese Communist Party controls all. There is no commercial private Commerce through China at this time. Unless you want the Communist Party up your ass and everything you do, as well.? They steel all your whatever you're going to China for. To have built made or manufactured. They will copy it all and steal it from you. As they have from everybody else.. intellectual property technical property physical property even. They don't know how to play with the rest of the world. Hell they release the whole damn Coof on us all.
    Stay out of China. If u know what's good for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1

8. As a consumer, politics aren't my concern. Buying a mobile phone is not a political exercise for me. I don't agree with the intellectual property laws as they currently exist. They're simply a way for companies like Apple to smash out competition by drowning them in frivolous patent lawsuits. America always needs another country to demonise so that they can ignore their own problems. Yesterday it was Russia, now it's China, who knows what it'll be tomorrow.

And as an aside, these companies already accept China is going to steal their shit, they willingly play that price to enter the Chinese market. I don't sympathise with corporate greed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ok Whatever... You say..

You can go ahead and play in China. That's no problem with me.
    I don't care what you do.. Go play in North Korea too. As the CCP is there masters. I still don't care. Or Iran. Or the newly-formed Afghanistan.

But make no mistake about it the CCP never sleeps.
    Their hegemony knows no bounds. Expansionism is their goal.
    The South China Sea and the nine-dash line, Taiwan, the first island chain, the Belt and Road initiative to expand throughout the world.
    Make no mistake World domination and censorship will be the ccp's goal. Go ahead and play with them I don't care.
    it's on you. Friend.
    Just don't never say you weren't warned. Peace out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Whatever dude. Don't pretend like you don't currently own products that are made in China, or haven't used them in the past. I have no intention of ever going to China. They have no power over me. Blame your own country's companies for selling out their own workers so they can go pay a bunch of 8 year old Chinese girls 50 cents a day to make your $1,200 iPhone.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. This isn't about Iphones or electronics. This is about glass. I'd guess people purchase glass more often than Iphones especially when they are cheap Chinese products. They sell them for cheap and sell a ton. no quality control. Doesn't matter if people have other things "made in China". That's not the point.

12. oh fuck i am in the wrong section LMAO

yeah, i wouldn't buy glass from overseas either.

13. That’s about how durable grav is , was designed to roll off and suicide itself rip …
    Think China brand but expensive typically.
    F2A8AA38-4C49-4C32-9DC5-2B77F0EC5204.jpeg 387AB2AF-F795-417D-8165-177A0E0D1406.jpeg
    I may keep it and put it in a clear box of something to look at disappointment , not sure how durable there bongs are hopefully better then the bowls ..

14. Sorry. it's true. But it's pretty hard not to buy something that's not from China in this world. Since like the early 90s. China is a manufacturing Powerhouse. Like you said they're only paying people at best..50cents a day. And then at that they might Harvest their organs and sell them And say it was a good donor whom sacrificed they're life so you may live. But really needed extra bed space at the re-education camp.
    But since I've been educated about the CCP and searched out the truth for a couple of years now. I do my best to stay away from everything China. But it's super hard. Because they got their fingers in everything.
    I do pay more for a peace of mind.

Friend I'm not your enemy. You sound like I am in your tone?

Well looks like Japan might be a very good choice to have your glass made at. Mexico and France as well. The US and the UK have also got good glass manufacturers.
    No matter where you go at to get good quality glass you're going to pay more for it if you don't buy quantity and get a bulk rate.

15. #15 Ultramaxx, Sep 22, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    Only wholesalers sell bulk I think , or China glass that’s discounted/ not sure how big the retail markups on online smoke shops are is imagine it’s pretty large .
    It’s a tragedy the slave labor in many nations , although I’m strictly worried about the quality and durability or the glass itself .
    Min wage (serfdom)In USA is just as bad as 5cent a hour in China , cost of living in USA is highest in the world . yes It’s the horrible way China workers and foreigners are treated and Asia , indo China , Vietnam , ..
    Are these bongs factory or robotic made or something ?? Or glassblowers ??
    Such a small purchase isn’t going to help the ccp much anyways , mega corporations already sold Americans future to China 50 years ago .

Is unbranded dh and similar stuff significantly lower quality of them name brand gear ?
    Yet name brand stuff cost 5-50x more but is significantly higher quality? A non brand name definitely scares me or shows red flags , what are odds glass won’t break easier ?

16. Investors have invested in China from around the world. And it's not just an American Thing by any means the world is heavily invested in China that's why it takes the world to figure out what to do with China now. The CCP is relentless. And they won't sleep they don't hold elections they have a mostly one minded agenda. I don't trust them.

But there are many countries on this planet were you going to have quality glass made at at a low cost. Taiwan for instance oh, Vietnam South Korea I'm sure there's probably plenty of places in Africa where you can find quality blown glass made from quality glass blowers. Just a matter of research.

I've been making my own bongs for years. Probably too many years. This is my latest creation. This is Scully. Be more accurate this is covid Scully. LOL 20210905_212122.jpg 20210905_211728.jpg What makes it covid Scully is because the hose slides right out. So every participant gets their own draw hose

17. No not at all, i consider you a friend as well. i thought i was in a different part of the forum than i was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yeah China is like the third Riech or something, I don’t see anyone stopping there rise to power . If Russia is there ally even scarier ,…
    I don’t see any mass suppliers from any nation other then China , those other nations listed are becoming popular as wages in China rose .
    The biggest dealers online headshops don’t even often tell you were it’s made at , name brand stuff from China cost just as much as usa or anywhere else .
    If only there prices were cheaper or you could get wholesale prices , is borosilicate made in USA higher quality? My China one died pretty easily but all glass would crack on concrete.. even the god stuff

19. Yes China is second most powerfulest economy in the world. They want to be the first, they want electronic currency. And surveillance, facials surveillance and recognition. They have their people on this technology. Were they have facial recognition. Where everything their citizens do is under surveillance. They also have a good and bad list of citizens. They track everybody this way. And then they can affect their citizens bank accounts and credit standings. For whatever they do in their day, may it may be good or it may be bad. Bad as little as crossing the street at the wrong time can affect they're banking. If a camera picks them up crossing the street at the wrong time. they (CCP)can dip into the citizens bank account and put them on the black list.... Ugh f... That.
    Freedom first.
    It's going to be tough for a long time. For the foreseeable future.
    I wouldn't invest in China. The Chinese people are going through some stuff right now big time. I'm not sure how much you watch about China. But I watch something every single day at least one thing but I usually end up watching three or four different things cuz it seems like all roads lead to China. And not in a good way most of the time right now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Do you own a smartphone if so what model? Probably made in China. Same thing with pretty much any electronic. Most "US companies" will offshore most of their manufacturing to China or somewhere cheaper. Trust me I agree China sucks. But the fact that people on this forum 99% more than likely are making far larger purchase from China but then want to come on here and act like Captain America for not buying a bong from there is equally hilarious as it is sad they're so delusional. Not saying you're doing that but some people definitely are.

• Agree Agree x 1