Debate: Is Islam the reason or justification for abuse

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Faeairy, Jul 21, 2017.

1. *All religion

• Like Like x 1
  2. #62 Praetorian, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    Considering human beings lived during the time of the Qu'ran (and before, and after), it is not a shocker that some scientific truths may have been listed in a book written by human beings, just like they were listed in other books, in other places, by other human beings. It is a lengthy tome, and even a broken clock is right 730 times a year.

If anything is "inhibiting" my belief of Islam, it is the fact that luckily I have not been raised to worship anything. I've also seen what religion does to human monkeys, so I'll gladly continue to abstain.

Which of the scientific passages of the Qu'ran are solid proof of Allah and Islam to you, to the point of following what the rest of the texts preach?
    Ancient Egyptians raised the great pyramids out of impossible-to-cut-and-transport blocks of stone. This seems like far greater technology than anything witnessed in the Quran. Does that make Amun Ra or Horus real deities we should mold our lives after thousands of years later?
    What about all the Christian or variously religious Asian scientists? Is Jesus and the Bible right because those men did not need the Qu'ran to attain their scientific achievements?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The fact is that the middle east was once the center for scientific discoveries/astrology/mathematics. The decline can be directly attributed to islam/spreading religious nonsense. Neil De'Grasse Tyson explains it much better then I could:

Loving the SJW's coming out with completely irrelevant ad hominem attacks. The attempted insults show how narrow their scope is, I'm in the UK and because I would disagree with them they would link me to an American racist group that's basically dead and has no relevance to anyone outside of the US. People should broaden their horizons, their insults would be better.

For the record, before someone who disagrees with me try's to insinuate I'm racist.... My partner is Bengali (UK born), was raised muslim and could tell you how ridiculous/dangerous the religion is. Her family are still practicing.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Lots of this going on these days. You're either hyper PC, or you're with the racists.

The big irony, of course, is that should Islam, or even just any semi-serious eastern culture majorly take mainstream root in the US, the SJW's would be the first to feel its iron backhand.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Religion and it's teachings have evolved throughout the ages for all three abrahamic faiths, if you were to compare previous editions to today's revised copied you'll notice a fair amount of sexism and morally wrong justifications have been left out. Jew's, Christian's & Muslims, they are all one of the same with their teachings almost identical to each other.

Leftist diatribe? Wish people weren't so self absorbed, i see a future for people of different faiths and backgrounds living alongside each other in harmony. You see a future that excludes people that are different to yourself. Atleast i have the will and strength to acknowledge, to give society the chance to stabilize, you look to widen the divide even further. For all our talk of god should you believe in this omnipresence or not, the fact is this planet is populated with many entities that are different to each other. That is the way "God" or Nature intended it.

Anyways here are a few examples of Christianity in same way you compare Islam. It's does me no justification or pride to put this here but for the sake of putting a troll in his place.

6. #66 Vicious, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    Take a look at the Middle East. Islam hasn't been "revised" or reformed. You don't see stoning, flagellation and beheading as part of punishment by law in the West. Funny how when people give examples of "Christianity" majority of what they pull is always from the old testament.

I don't see a future that excludes, I just don't see a future that is your multicultural global dystopia. I'm not naive enough to want to throw away our culture and heritage to see if this social experiment works and people who have no desire to assimilate will "stabilize". What I have the will to protect is what our forefathers left us and not sign it off more and more to each new shipment and boatload of state sanctioned "migrants".

In what way am I a troll? You flatter yourself thinking you can put me "in my place".

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Vicious, I'm very puzzled by you. "Our" forefathers in 2017 includes all races, religions, and colors - "your" concept of forefathers seems to have a much narrower field of contribution and inclusion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. So true about Old Testament quotes.they were Jews not Christians. Christ ushered in a new religion that was foretold by the Jewish prophets

• Like Like x 1
  9. You can't throw out the old testament!! That's the basis of the whole scam. You realize you'll be throwing out genesis and the 10 commandments right?:lmafoe:

10. #70 Vicious, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017
    I didn't say to throw it out, it's necessary for understanding the new testament and understanding the transition from the old Hebrew law to the new law Jesus brought. The point is Christians don't follow the Old Testament, they follow the New. Jews still follow the Old in combination with the oral tradition of the Talmud.

No sorry, the Old Testament and New Testament are two very separate things. You sure showed me though, leaving in a yelling fit of "Fuck this, I can't even". That's the level of "resistance" I expect. You sound like you have a lot more hate than me.

• Like Like x 2
  11. It would be prudent for you to believe that, make sure you do!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Shit, you figured me out.

I can't remember the last time I was at an Antifa meet. Maybe because I'm opposed to that organization and what they stand for. Possibly because I've never been to one and oppose both liberals and conservatives and their individual radicalized viewpoints.

I just judge people based on the way they talk / act / carry themselves. Blow up a school, shoot up a theater, bomb a building - your reasons don't matter to me. An asshole is an asshole regardless of justification.

Enjoy your day.

EDIT:
    And I'm not sure what you're getting on about here. If you had actually read the content of my post rather than just scanning it and assuming you knew what I was saying, you would have seen that I never implied we should accept people who refused to assimilate to new cultures that they have been taken into.

13. Reread the post. I'm telling the first person quoted to read your post and tell me how in their warped leftist dreams they hope to achieve ending hate by importing Islam to the West. I agree with you on every level and I'm referring them to your post.

14. Ah, then I acted like a douche bag and apologize for misunderstanding your post.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bet you feel like a master manipulator? Only your not, your comments are accepted against Islam as a whole, there are many well integrated muslims that currently reside inside the united states. Law abiding citizens that have the up most respect society and it's people.

You can try sugar coat your comments as much as you want but at the end of the day people on this forum and outside it will know you for who you truly are.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. I miss the happy tokers of the 60’s...

• Like Like x 1
  17. #77 Green Plant, Oct 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2017
    Please spare me the insults. I did not say anything wrong to you.
    First off, the violence you see in the media is not "in the name of Islam." It is for political purposes. By the head cutting and whatnot I am assuming you are talking about the Middle east. This is not Islamic even though they claim to be. Anyone can do anything they want and then say "I am doing this in the name of ______."

If a Jewish or Christian man kills someone and says this is for Christianity or whatever, does that make Christian ideology based on killing? Your logic is not valid AT ALL. A simple google search will point you to reliable sources that can show you the TRUTH about our religion. It does not condone any of the violence you speak of, at all.

• Like Like x 1
  18. God damn hippy...

19. Your mom called and wants you to bring your laundry upstairs to wash

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Let's keep civility and the guidelines in mind.

This is a sensitive topic, but I am sure our members can use a bit of self control and keep this an adult discussion.