Debate: Atheism Vs. Islam

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by lilro, May 30, 2013.

1. There was absolutely no personal attack in any of my posts.  Not sure exactly what your are reading but I have not attacked you at all.  I've only pointed out your misrepresentation of atheism.  And yes you did say what an atheist was, but later in your own wording claimed atheists have a belief in non existence.  That is inaccurate.  A rejection of another's claim is not the same as believe in non existence.  Claiming atheists have their own belief is the only way you can claim they are equally ignorant.  So your entire point is built around a misrepresentation of atheists, because we don't share any common belief.

Here are your words again.  What exactly do I, an atheist, believe?  Lumping atheists into a believing category is wrong and that's what I'm pointing out.

3. #43 Tastytrichomes, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013

the one who denies is just as ignorant as the one who accepts

4. My stance is that anything could be possible, but if there's no reason to believe something, then why believe it? I have a disbelief in plenty of things. A lot of people don't believe in astrology. That doesn't mean it's foolish to disbelieve in astrology. It just means there's no reason to take astrology seriously.

Some people believe in healing crystals. others don't. Some people believe in reptilain people from another planet. others don't.

So it's ignorant to deny that reptilian people from another planet are walking amongst us?

i can't even respond to such a stupid question

7. #47 Tastytrichomes, Jun 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2013
    y'all need to learn the definition of athiesm

anyway im out, my point is not relevant to those who can't understand the very definition. if you cant understand it then so be it

atheism is ignorant. religion is ignorant

How's it a stupid question? You said "denying is just as ignorant as accepting." So, how is it a stupid question?

Why does the "God" category get a free pass on accepting or denying? It's i the same boat as reptilian people and healing crystals. It's probably because it exposed the faulty reasoning of your statement and you don't like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH8K0bPc-BE

I give up too, I'm just going to laugh and move on, unless you want to debate the cop-out that is agnosticism, which you claim is the only non ignorant stance.

Negation of a belief is not a belief itself. When you say "there is no coke in my fridge", it means there is no coke. It doesn't mean that there is something in the place that coke would be in your fridge.

The definition of atheism is "negation of theism". Theism is the belief in god(s). Atheism is not having that belief.

It could be that you don't use the same definition that has me as atheist.

Yep. Islam is backed up by science so much, that Muslims stoop to quote mining just to try to push the "Islam is supported by science" agenda. Tell me, if Islam was backed up by science, why would anyone need to quote mine scientists just to try to present that "Islam is divinely inspired" rhetoric?
     ​
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bygb30gAqOs

Not assuming that there is a god is a problem? If proof of your god existed, there would not be any non believing scientists. You can't pick what is fact just when it suits you. That's called pseudo science.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqRqjzLCcqI

13. The moment we admit we don't know shit is the moment we can progress and stop fucking saying its idiotic to believe in a consciousness energy or some shit or that you there isn't such a thing or an afterlife you don't fucking know okay! You can just believe or think that all theories not 100% known fact

It's annoying when ppl say oh I know there isn't this or that no you fucking don't

Life is so complex and we have only been around for a short period of time our brains cannot comprehend shit all

It's kind of shitty to say we just randomly sprouted and were here die and that's it really come on it seems as life is more important than that and more complex your not giving it enough credit

Idk man but we don't know shit we can just theorize or think we know but what are we we are just humans... Floating on an organnic rock in space and there's millions of galaxies

At the same time we are special so we have the ability to think and have emotions such as love which is the most powerful thing

A man can move mountains and do anything for love and determination and the drive

14. Also if everyone was logical humanity would've been dead along time ago

Taking the leap in faith and doing shit even tho the odds are against you has significant effect on us... Doesn't matter what you believe in

15. Rarely any atheist claims they know there is no god , since it's impossible to prove a negative. however, it is unreasonable given the evidence to place so much emphasis on a concept on areas that will have such a significant impact on the upbringing of fellow human beings and the curiosity that drives humans to search for knowledge.The story of abraham almost killing his son is a perfect example. Why slay him , just because you heard a voice claiming that he's God? this verse is pretty much saying that they demand this level of loyalty for an unsubstantiated claim that there is a God.

16. While I can see some stories being written to make man afraid and control mankind but like you said you can't prove god doesn't exist maybe we don't have science yet to figure out what consciousness is and other things that will help our quest for the truth

17. #57 OnBreak, Jun 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2013
    Bro thank you exactly we don't know we don't fucking know

Although I think it's sort of a waste for all this and there to be nothing when you die... Energy and matter cannot be created or dystroed so we don't really "die"

Probably just move on to a different plane but who knows...

If the god in the religious texts existed I'm sure it will understand why people doubted it, it's because of those greedy evil men that took it in their own hands and messed things up lol

Oh you still die.  We are made of atoms and they continue to exist (I wouldn't say live on, since atoms aren't by definition, alive), but we aren't individual atoms.  What we are, decomposes and ceases to exist.  Our energy disperses and we are no more.  Unless somehow you can prove consciousness exists prior to the development of a brain and therefore can continue after the brain has died.

19. Maybe the universe recycles us

But energy doesn't die or get destroyed tho right it's always been and can't be created or destroyed?

We can't prove it does or doesn't

Maybe Only time will tell I guess

But you are more complicated than simple energy.  Your energy will continue to exist, but you do not.  What makes you, you, is more than the energy and matter that you are made of.