Death

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by InnerCity, Apr 30, 2012.

1. What are your thoughts on it? Last night I thought about it and it scared the shit out of me.

Have you ever actually thought about death? Not like a quick thought but a deep thought about death.

What are your thoughts?

2. I have. We die. Not much to know other than life goes on, and we're not in it. Mind blower eh?

3. I think about it pretty often. Not afraid of death like I was a few years back. Gonna happen eventually, hopefully no time soon, having a decent time in this realm for now :confused_2:

4. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMjxeZ9FRDE]Thanks to denial, I'm immortal. - YouTube[/ame]

5. i think our brain just releases a bunch of dmt and we dream about heaven or hell or what you believe in

6. i'm not too worried about it. i'm living life to the fullest and i try and be the best person i can while i can

7. you will have a psychedelic trip and wake up into nothing.

8. You know me and Death have had a lot of time to think together. I have nearly died before, once had a gun pointed at my chest etc. I also work at a retirement home and see death and the dying everyday. So I have had a lot of time to think.

The idea of death does scare me because I do not know what will happen. However, I do know death is just a part of life, and I accept I will die at some point in my life. I just hope it isnt something sudden like a car accident or something. I want to live a good life and die at peace knowing I lived it up while I could and made something of my life.

9. The Great Gig in the Sky by Pink Floyd

"And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I don't mind.
    Why should I be frightened of dying?
    There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime."

I really believe in that. I am going to think of that if I know i'm dying.

10. And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown.
    And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone.
    And it's too late to lose the weight you used to need to throw
    around.
    So have a good drown, as you go down, all alone,
    Dragged down by the stone.

This is my thoughts on death. Or Pink Floyd's thoughts, rather? Oh well

11. #11 Senior PoopiePants, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2012
    Not this again...

It doesn't make sense... What if your head blows up or off or gets shmushed instantaneously?

Then what?

Just asking...

I do believe (or hope, rather) that when we die, we go to or imagine a place that would be like a heaven. Even the bad folks would go there.

But I don't think DMT has anything to do with it.

12. I'm pretty excited for it, to be honest.

That doesn't mean I'm suicidal. I'm just excited for the experience. I don't believe it to be the end of anything significant, as this life is one of insignificance.

13. Nevermind the fact that you know, the whole DMT dreaming/death stuff is just a theory with absolutely no evidence behind it at all.

14. I've had many close encounters and I'm so happy to be alive, I hike a lot and am an outdoors guy and one of these days it's going to catch up to me. About a month ago I almost got eaten alive by a bear and the other day I was an inch from stepping on a rattlesnake.

I just hope my death isn't a painful suffering one.

15. I thought about this when I was high once and try to think about not existing just like nothingness no white room or pitch blackness just nothing no spirit or consciousness. Just nothing. It's hard to explain but it whoa it was weird.

16. #16 Senior PoopiePants, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2012
    You're right.

All we have is the book THE SPIRIT MOLECULE and Joe Rogan.

Not knocking DMT (and I won't go any further ;) ;) , nudge nudge), but the part where it sends you off to your own heaven sounds dubious at best.

17. I contemplate it alot actually as he seems to be shadowing me at every turn. I have a thread about it in the philosophy section about how it's not the end.

18. Anyone heard of Astral Projection?

I've never done it, but people have convinced me its real.

And if it is, it means there is something other than this 3D world we know. I.E. there will not be "nothingness" after death.

I reckon its all something to do with dimensions. Or some shit like that

19. I'm too scared to try to do astral projection, I'm too afraid it's going to turn into lucid dreaming and I'm going to see those figures and shit...:(

Anyways, I have thought about death a lot. What does it bring? Is it a good place in the afterlife? A bad place? Nothingness? Do we float around Earth? It's so hard to wrap your mind around an idea of afterlife as nothing has a record of it, only theories. :smoke:

20. I have AP'd and it is a real science. It takes dedication though and an open mind