Death...The Ultimate Unifier, The Greatest Tool of Life

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by alicedee07, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Have you ever noticed just how close death makes us to not only ourselves, but with all life around us. Everyday we go through our daily routine, never even giving two thoughts that someday everything we experience can be gone tomorrow. We distance ourselves from such a frightening truth, all the while distancing ourselves from the deeper connections within ourselves and amongst each other.

But then tragedy strikes. The death of one person causes a ripple throughout life that affects so many people around us. When someone dies, many times we tend to put aside any previous differences we had all for the common love we had for the loss of a loved one. We set aside resentment, jealousy, and any negative emotion to share a beautiful moment with someone else over every single special moment shared with the loss of a loved one. You can see it at a funeral easily, when one person dies people from many different wakes of life with many different sets of values and principles come together to remember the beauty that that person brought to others and life. It is the ultimate and most beautiful form of love that anyone can ever see.

Death teaches us to love. Can you imagine what the world would be like if we all had that mentality towards each other? We will have reached a new level of humanity, one where we finally transcend the fear of death to a state of letting go of fear, to a state of pure love. Unfortunately right now we are shackled by the fear of death. We are blinded by it so much that it takes the death of innocent lives for us to realize the preciousness and pure beauty of the true love that we all have inside ourselves and amongst each other. It is there. And we can experience it any time we choose too.

Always remember that any second can be our last. Let us not fear it. Let us embrace each second for ourselves and for each other.

2. I don't feel that death unifies us. Directly, that is. I feel we are all closely connected on a level we really don't understand. Joe Rogan said it pretty well once "We need the company of other people. Look at inmates, to punish them they are sent to SOLITARY confinement, not confinment with other rapists and murderers with nothing to lose, but by themselves. They fuckin go crazy by themselves."

I think we just tend to forget this connection and just aren't deeply aware of it, pretending we like to be distant from others and even push away others because of this. Death only brings people together because that connection is broken and all of a sudden everyone who was a part of it becomes aware of what was lost.

3. I don't think it unite us. I think Death is the great equalizer, reminding Man all over the world, that no matter what, they will die, rich or poor, black or white, man or woman.

4. If you're afraid of death... It will come at you with the speed of light.. But if you're not afraid of death... It will cast it's shadowy eyes upon you... And guide you., into the eternal infinity.

5. That's fucking beautiful man.