death penalty

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by thekiller, Jun 28, 2010.

1. I don't support the death penalty unless its clear 100 percent then is certain case yeah fry them but if they showed it on tv would you watch? Wouldn't that be sick, you smoke some erkle and turn on the tube and some child molester is getting hanged or fried or shot at? Dunno if they could show that on tv but I'm sure lots of people would watch.

2. I wouldn't watch people be executed. It seems kind of wrong to me, unless you're a victim.
    I think if its been proven with 100% certainty, they shouldn't have 20 years to appeal (like in California, cept we stopped all executions.) I think 10 years if the evidence is weak, but if you're completely tied to it through scientific evidence, it's time to go. I don't think we should feed them and support them while they sit all day. I also think prisons should be self sufficient, (farming, etc. and it would keep the prisoners busy.) so it costs the state less. Make it a bit more work. Nobody wants to go shovel cow dung on a beautiful day.

3. Was in Korea while in the Military. We were at my buddies Gf's house watching TV. Was cool to see Bonanza (Old Western) with Hoss talking Korean. Then they showed Public Hangings!!:eek: I asked his Gf what the people were being hung for, she said " Oh, most sell Happy Smoke":eek::smoke:

4. Lol I'm korean. Yeah I wouldn't have any thc in my system there. No reason for me to go there and japan has craZy prices/laws too. A couple years ago I was by university place in the village and there was this japanese dude there trying to buy weed . of course he is going to get robbed or really poor quality, so his boy was standing down the street and wanted some and I was like how much just for shits and giggles. He said 20 or 30 lol. I had some sour that was real good and in japan it would probably be like 80-100 for a gram I think regular weed is like real expensive so since he was a tourist if I wanted to do it I should have been like 40 and gave him a fat dub since he's a tourist and he's gng to get robbed not knowing anybody(you don't cop on the street below harlem)but I'm pretty sure his friend got robbed, he was just standing there the whole time. Like in japan if 40 dollars is gng to get you schwag he is gng to ask me for something for 30 bucks? Oh and japanese people are racist against koreans for the most part. Don't know why they would think they could cop there because that's the worst spot afaik.

5. They should show it on TV as a discouragement to others in committing similar crimes. It should be conviction, two appeals, then death. Pedophiles should so get the death penalty on TV, mess with a kid and DIE in shame as others watch.

Something I have thought about before that is kind of messed up is that most who are against abortion and for the death penalty, and those that are for abortion are against the death penalty.

6. Forced labour seems so much more logical than the death penalty. Many countries have their own "Siberia" - an isolated region that needs infrastructure constructed or land cleared... why not send convicts there?

Off topic, but an abortionist (and intravenous opiate addict) in Melbourne has recently infected as many as 1000 women with a strain of hepatitis....intentionally.

7. Look at what happened when Saddam Hussain was hung, some aresbandit marine videoed that on a cell phone and posted it on youtube! He might have been a fascist dictator but that was plane wrong!
    I'm against it fullstop!

8. Good point, it was sick cause it went wrong and I'm sure that happens a lot but I think plenty of people would watch. Sick though.

9. If your a serial murderer, rapist, terrorist then yeah its acceptable. All i gotta say is im glad im not on death row, imagine whats going through your mind when they put that needle in you, damn.

10. So you have a problem watching a murderer that killed Americans die, yet you watched 9/11 on tv like everyone else knowing hundreds died? BAD example IMO

11. lolwut?

12. Actually I watched that video and enjoyed every second of it. It was fantastic watching that scumball's neck snap after all the people he killed/tortured :hello:

I think they need to stop being so conservative with the death penalty. If they are absolutely positive that somebody committed murder or any other heinous crime they should be killed immediately, although not on TV. That's just disrespectful (But Saddam deserved the disrespect)

13. the only person i can think of in recent times that got the death penalty and death in a short amount of time was tim mcveigh, i dont see why it should take years on end to enforce it.

14. #14 jazzvirgin, Jun 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2010
    You're the person comparing the two! I'm simply saying that in my opinion i think its wrong to show things like that. I agree he was a terrible dictator and killed thousands of innocent people however watching him die doesn't change what he did, and it certainly didn't appease the death of people in 9/11 or the US soldiers and families affected by the Iraq war!
    Don't quite see how you can compare the two!

15. damn dude deciding if someone should die, thats a big decision i someones life.

i say just life in prison. Prison is far worse than death.

16. he got off easy he should have had his dick and balls cut off then feed to him and let him sit some were a bleed to death :wave:

and child molesters should have the same thing

17. should use the dp more often. it takes a fuck ton of tax payers money to post up a murderer for the rest of his life. And like they would care ? they spend all their time tryin to murder inmates till they get paroled so they can be violent in the rl again

18. Seeing how prisons are the most profitable thing in america, I think dp should be used.

19. Dito, put them in the hole for 25 years, slowly going mad gotta to be better than killing them?

20. #20 johnjohn, Jul 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2010
    Here is an excerpt from Dostoyevsky's "The Idiot" which applies to the thread:

This is not my own fantastical opinion—many people have thought the same; but I feel it so deeply that I’ll tell you what I think. I believe that to execute a man for murder is to punish him immeasurably more dreadfully than is equivalent to his crime. A murder by sentence is far more dreadful than a murder committed by a criminal. The man who is attacked by robbers at night, in a dark wood, or anywhere, undoubtedly hopes and hopes that he may yet escape until the very moment of his death. There are plenty of instances of a man running away, or imploring for mercy—at all events hoping on in some degree—even after his throat was cut. But in the case of an execution, that last hope—having which it is so immeasurably less dreadful to die,—is taken away from the wretch and CERTAINTY substituted in its place! There is his sentence, and with it that terrible certainty that he cannot possibly escape death—which, I consider, must be the most dreadful anguish in the world. You may place a soldier before a cannon’s mouth in battle, and fire upon him—and he will still hope. But read to that same soldier his death-sentence, and he will either go mad or burst into tears. Who dares to say that any man can suffer this without going mad? No, no! it is an abuse, a shame, it is unnecessary — why should such a thing exist? Doubtless there may be men who have been sentenced, who have suffered this mental anguish for a while and then have been reprieved; perhaps such men may have been able to relate their feelings afterwards. Our Lord Christ spoke of this anguish and dread. No! no! no! No man should be treated so, no man, no man!”