Death Panels Are Here: 10 Year Old Girl Sentenced To Die Due To Federal Regulations

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Jun 4, 2013.

She should get the adult lungs instead of an adult that would have a greater chance of survival? What if it's a 19 year old with no chance of survival without a timely transplant?

:smoke:

2. There would not be a transplant waiting list if people were allowed to sell their organs.

3. That's true. Who does get to decide who gets the organs?

IMO it should be the "owner"

If an organ diner dies and gives the organ to a hospital then it is fair the the hospital comity chose who gets it.

But from the sounds of the story, the doctor wants to give her the lungs and believes she will survive.

Rules and regulations should never be set in stone. Never black and white.

Its like when a cop pulls you over for rolling through a stop sign when no one else is around.

Its a literal application of the law as opposed to a practical application. As a result innocents suffer.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. it should go to whoever needs it the quickest...what i said was that they won't even attempt to try and do a transplant with the adult lungs, regardless of how many are available or not

5. She is at the top of the list in her region to receive a transplant.

However because of a federal regulation, who are in no position to make such a regulation, she wont get the lungs.

Doctors even admit they can modify the adult lungs to help her.

How do people not see the problem?

6. That's it! To let the kids die, of course! Population control perhaps? Cull out the weak links so that only the strongest go on to repopulate? Oh, good thing for big brother guv'ment, always looking out for us, because we're far too dumb to do it for ourselves.

Without regulations and fair waiting lists, lots of people wouldn't get organs they need because it would no longer be organized.

Something you guys are missing is that if this girl is just given these adult organs, they may not even work well for her and the person at the top of that waiting list misses out too. What about him/her?

8. Without regulations and fair waiting lists, lots of people wouldn't get organs they need because it would no longer be organized.

Something you guys are missing is that if this girl is just given these adult organs, they may not even work well for her and the person at the top of that waiting list misses out too. What about him/her?
    </blockquote>
    I'm not saying to throw out organization.

I'm saying we are humans not.robots.

We are capable.of bending/breaking rules when nessesary.

But we have this statist mindset that rules are rules. It causes more problems then good

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

But if we break a waiting list, you're just letting someone else die.

10. To be fair, this isn't totally the government's fault. Organs of all things are scarce. 

Would healthcare be better without government? Yes.

Would this girl necessarily still get a transplant? Maybe, maybe not. 

Yea that works fine and dandy untill someone has to "Bend/Break the rules and rob someone for money to feed thier family!!" because it was "Necessary"

The world would be in anarchy because everybody has a different opinion on what is necessary.

12. The world would be in "anarchy"?

Sounds like heaven.

13. unfortunate but, I dont think anyone here went to medical school, or actually understands the laws and regulations at work here.

i dont know what the chances of her surviving are, with modified adult lungs. how long will she live if the surgery is successful, vs how long an adult would live with the regular transplant surgery. beats me man, im not a doctor, so why the fuck are we acting like we know whats right and whats wrong in a very specific case.

docs spend years discussing ethical issues like these. while you guys are reading some article on cnn and use whatever political ideology you believe in to exploit this girl for some small gain, some +1 for the team here on grasscity, lol? please look at yourselves.

the world isnt black and white. shit like this is always much more complicated then what you can see on the surface. Your looking for something to support your bullshit like everyone else debating politics, ive been guilty of that myself, not saying im superior to anyone here. Its if you build it they will cum, not, if they cum you will build it.

14. I'm going to start putting a smug little  :smoke:  at the ends of all my posts so everyone knows how superior my opinion is to theirs without actually having to come out and say it.

:smoke:

16. #36 jay-bird, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2013
    *We've* been talking about this forever. The effects of ObamaCare on top of already crippling health regulation are a typical catalyst for this crowd to have seen America's real problem now. Or one of em. Ta ta, and enjoy sitting at your computers crying about this little girl and your rights/lives some more now.

17. This has nothing to do with obamacare.

18. We could start harvesting the organs of all the people our little wars are killing....then there would be enough for everybody....oil too...

19. #39 ICGreen, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2013

It's a shame that you equate smokie to smugness. That is not his purpose, nor my intent. Do you fail to see the little smoke trail coming up? He follows every one of my posts unless it is giving condolances. Hell the majority of my posts are not even in threads with opposing views. Get over your projections.  :smoke:

20. Well if she gets the lungs, does't that mean someone else who needs lungs will/may die? The girl dying because of government regulations is only half of the story. She's essentially dying because of a shortage of lungs.