Death Is Getting Closer And Closer.

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Brizock, Sep 17, 2014.

1. People are dying and death creeps closer to me. By this I mean death by death, the person dying is closer to me each death.
    First a person my age that alot of people knew. Next was a person I had seen a few times. Next was a friends best friend. And now yesterday an old classmate of mine was found dead hanging in his room. I was friends with him. Actually friends and he's actually gone. It really has been bothering me how closer and closer death is coming to me. Sorry for ranting but I'm so shooken up in how close its getting. Death being this close makes me realize how unhappy with my life I truly am.

Have any of you had any similar situations or any incite?

You'd lose your mind trying to understand mine.

2. I've lost a lot of family and friends....that's what happens as we grow older....

3. It's a sad reality... Enjoy the time you have!

4. That's a really tough situation to be in man. It all feels like life's weighing down on you...through darkness comes light, so whatever the pain, you know you'll prevail provided you keep true to yourself. Just like these guys said... life's short in the long run, live it entirely in the moment, live intensely in the moment.

I've only had my close cousins ex-boyfriend commit suicide to which was in itself heartbreaking. You run a million ideas as to why, but the answers closed shut. 

5. Live your life as if its your last day.although I only talk the talk

6. You get what you ask for.

Basically the universe.beings you what you most.think about.

Affirmations might help you.

7. The short comings of organic life forms...all will die eventually.

8. Lost my dad to lung cancer at age 15, lost my brother two weeks before my dad he was 21. My mom had 11 kids, one died and a few have grown up but she was left to raise us on her own. Life moves on eventually you just have to decide whether to move with it

9. I know what you did last summer :eek:

10. Im really worried about certain people close to me dying. I'm not sure that id be able to move on. you just have to remember in the grand scheme of things the time we spend on earth is a blink of an eye and life goes on

11. Just remember to enjoy every second of time you get with the ones you love. Don't waste it on anger, jealousy, holding grudges, or by judgment. Realize that the little things sre what matter, material things dont, and take the time to smile esch day with someone you care about. It will make your life so much more fullfilling to yourself in the end.

12. Thanks for the warning!

Do you really think that you are going to be the next to die? You are watching too many final destination movies. If you are smart and careful, you can live a good long life.
      Richard Pryor once said: "You can't call me an old fool, cause i did not get old by being a fool".

13. #13 ReturnFire333, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014
    Just because somebody you know died doesn't mean death is coming to you.

14. milions of ppl die everyday in this country alone. it's just a coincidence

15. Hey man chill out. From what I've learned from my mother is that death comes in row's of 3? I find that pretty accurate because my dad's close friend died, and then my mom's 2 brothers died 2 weeks prior... Odd right? Dont EVER be afraid of death. You have to live your life and not worry about death. Many people die every day, unless you are very sick, overdose on any type of drug, and gang affiliated then I dont think you are going to die any time soon.. unless its a random innocent attack which I highly doubt. So cheer up dude.

16. Tis life.

Death should only be feared by those who never lived.

17. You can't remember what it was like prior to your existence, so why would you be concerned with not existing again?  It's not a worry you'll have when your dead so it's a non-issue when you think about it.  Enjoy this existence while your here to it's fullest because one day it will be no more...at least as your mind conceptualizes it. 

18. Unfortunately death is a part of life.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. #19 -Martyr, Oct 8, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    You were fated for death the moment you took your first breath, and that's kind of the poetic merit of human life. We exist to live, fated to die- progressing the species on the backs of the dearly departed. I lost my childhood friend about a year ago. The idea of him just being gone is something that will always kind of haunt me, especially since he was only 20. But that's just kind of the way it is. The unfortunate implication of loving so many people, is that you're forced to swallow every bit of it in sadness, regret, and grief as a simple result of outliving them. I think to some extent, we all live with survivor's guilt. We all smoke joints and kind of catch ourselves looking out the window, wondering if any of this is even fucking real, and if the blackness calling for us is also "real". We wonder if our loved ones have entered some realm, some plane of existence that is just closed off to our souls and minds. We wonder if we'll amount to anything, before we amount to nothing other than postmortem word of mouth. It's healthy to wonder, but wondering invokes the side-stepping of the issue, which is death. The only way you minimize or trivialize death, is by living a productive, honest, true, and unhindered life. The immeasurable task handed to you at birth, however, is finding a way to live that life under grueling conditions, amongst 7 billion people who mostly all want the same thing, exposed to an unimaginable amount of stimuli, catalysts, and detrimental agents that alter your course every which way, and with an unspecified amount of time.

You can drive yourself up a wall obsessing about death, and you still wouldn't be doing it justice, but then you'd lose your incentive to live. In essence, you would already be dead. This won't be the last time you lose a loved one. Share your life with as many as you can, and deal with the pain as it comes, one unfortunate life at a time. That's all you can do.

20. #20 SMOCATRON, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2014
    Don't fear death. I stopped fearing death at the age of 16.
    I can't explain in words, but it's something you gotta experience by yourself.
    I experienced it while super stoned and tripping on unmentionables.
    It's life-changing and you come out the other side with a transcendent happiness that hangs over you forever so you're always just a little bit happy.

I've seen quite a bit of death in my job and after a while, you realise how normal it is. Knowing that there is an end is somewhat comforting.