Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Death from cannabis? [News Story!]

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Maximillien127, Apr 26, 2012.

1. I was having a discussion with a friend about the effects of cannabis. They don't use it and they are against it. They claimed that there have been several deaths linked directly to cannabis. I don't really know what to say because I can't really poke any holes in the story!

I would appreciate it if you could share your point of view and give me anything I could reply with! :smoke:

Cannabis death a first for Britain - www.theage.com.au

2. Where does it say that cannabis was the CAUSE of death? All that says is that he died for some unexplained reason (like tons of people each day) but he was high of cannbis when it happened. How does this prove anything?

3. [quote name='"Maximillien127"']I was having a discussion with a friend about the effects of cannabis. They don't use it and they are against it. They claimed that there have been several deaths linked directly to cannabis. I don't really know what to say because I can't really poke any holes in the story!

I would appreciate it if you could share your point of view and give me anything I could reply with! :smoke:

Cannabis death a first for Britain - www.theage.com.au[/quote]

Well it seems as if the experts aren't a hundred percent sure. Also they stated this is very rare. Would your friends never walk outside because there is a minuscule chance they might get struck by lightning? I think not. With every pleasure there is some kind of risk.

4. So a child wrote that article and conducted that research, right?

5. you can NOT NO MATTER WHAT die from weed! end of story!!!

6. There's is no conclusive evidence to link the high level of cannabinoids in his bloodstream to his death. This is nothing but speculation at this time, far fetched I might say too.

7. "A man aged 36 is believed to have become the first person in Britain to die directly from cannabis poisoning."

Haha, cannabis poisoning

8. Sounds like a joke or incompetant Drs doing the autopsy.
    He complained of a headache the day before. Internal bleeding, tumor, rupture, result of a recent fall? Other reports still claim no deaths directly by cannibus. :smoke:

9. Alcohol - Millions of people.

Marijuana - One.

Your move, boss.:cool:

10. Basically since it was illegal he's free to just say weed caused the death and doesn't have to bother looking deeper.

11. and did anyone else notice the article is from 2004?

12. not to mention this article was made in 2004. if this were confirmed and accurate information then it would have been known by now that the death toll is one. as of now, it's still 0. the only thing we up is the number of stupid and lazy "experts".

13. wtf, how did you travel back in time 3 minutes to post that?

14. You all fail to realize the concept here...Even per se marijuana is responsible for one death, one death in its thousands of years of use, one wee lil man.

What does that make our close second? Baby aspirin?:cool:

15. #16 Timotonx, Apr 26, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2012
    This text is bullshit, it doesn't prove anything... and even if it was, their arguments would get demolished by the statistics (1 death/hundreds of millions of users over the past centuries). Plus, knowing how cannabis can improve your life there's no way I could even think about quitting smoking.

It woud be like saying: I reject the opportunity of living more peacefully, heathily and happily because I would have a chance to be the second person on earth within thousands of years to die form weed............................................................WHAT???

:eek:WHY ARE PEOPLE SO STUPID!!!:eek:

:hello:

16. It is impossible to overdose and die on cannabis because there are no receptors in any parts of the brain that control the autonomous systems of your body like breathing, digestion, circulation, etc.

17. Please don't tell me you took that study seriously. A Man died of unknown causes, and it just happened that he smoked weed that night. Therefore they'll put the blame on weed, because there's nothing else to blame. Now compare the amount of deaths with an unknown cause with amount of deaths causes ONLY by cannabis. One will be thousands, one will be ZERO.

18. Shit like this makes me so angry, can't even read this article.

19. [quote name='"mydaddyatemyeye"']

wtf, how did you travel back in time 3 minutes to post that?[/quote]

I'm venturing to guess you took a long time to post your post, and you clicked on this thread before he finished posting his :smoke:

Anyways, I don't think they really looked into this much so they assume it was the weed that killed him. :confused_2: