death from above 1979

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by smokeymcpotts, Nov 21, 2005.

1. anybody into this band? i saw them open for NIN last month and since then they've been my jam.

2. Best fuckin band, i have their cd, its so hard to find that cd unless u got a big record store by ya. but they rock real heavy. just the bass and drums. and those guys are from quebec

3. They were touring with NIN and Queens of the Stone Age but when they got to my tow they decided to drop from the pack and go no further. But they are ridiculously awesome.

4. i saw them when they were in orlando for the NIN and queens of stoneage tour too...i dl some of their songs before the concert cause we didnt kno who they were they sounded aight...when we got there i was surprised it was only 2 dudes and the singer was the drummer which is pretty sick

5. Saw them in Dallas in October with NIN... Wasn't too impressed.

But I also wanted Trent to get onstage before I lost my buzz so I was kind of biased. I even found myself wishing QOSA would hurry up and finish their act.

But yea I did give them a chance because an ex of mine (with fairly good taste in music) had told me they were good so I listened... Great guitarist, good drummer, but the lead singer was kind of weak in comparison to his counterparts... Kind of like putting a 4 cylinder in a 69 Chevelle... it just seemed like they lacked the power that they really needed to take off. The power that a lead singer with a lot of energy and presence would bring them... JMO though.