Death Dream...

Discussion in 'General' started by Spirit of MonkE, Dec 29, 2007.

1. So, I had a very interesting day today. I don't know how much stock people put in dreams, or even how much I do, but last night I dreamed I re-met an old girl I hooked up with, went to a zumiez/nordstrom-esque store and found hoods (like, hoods you'd wear with t-shirt or something, I dono), and drowned.
    It was the drowning I think that has me in a questioning mood, not as like a premonition, but just, I don't know. I'm rattled.
    Long story:
    I was doing something that involved studying or testing cold water, but the water near me wasn't cold enough, so some family and family friends took me to a frozen lake, which I now realize the drive that I had known we took had been through a place I had dreamed of a long time ago.
    We make a large hole in the lake, and I was (somehow) in, with all my snowboarding gear on. As I was watching myself stand on the bottom of this crystal clear lake looking up, I realized I couldn't swim up with that heavy wet gear. So, breath running out I frantically but calmly (like trying to right a whitewater kayak in your first rapid-calm to do it right and all, but part of you is trying to freak) took off my jacket, and tried to jump/swim up or get the attention of the four people on top of the ice who I could see just standing still doing nothing. And then it happened. As I was trying to jump, I realized I was going to die. A horrible and painful death. And I was scared. Which is weird, because I don't fear death. I actually kinda look forward to it. But I was scared. It was like being back on my mushroom trip during the bad stage, but knowing I was sober.
    And then, all of a sudden, I was saved. Somehow I'd been rescued by someone (of the group, I can't tell who), and all I remember is the taking a gasping breath and silently crying, still half in the water.
    And something happened to me. I felt like I was reborn. I don't know particularly what it is or what, but something in me feels different. And I can't tell why. Or what.

But damn was it a weird thing to have happen.

2. Dreams can always have alternate meanings. Maybe uncounciously, you feel like your drowning, too much stress..could be a number of things.